CaFÉ for Public Art Administrators
CaFÉ was developed by WESTAF in 2005 to specifically address the arduous paper submission and resource-heavy process that many public art programs have to deal with. Since then, thousands of calls for public artists have been administered on CaFÉ, leading to completed public art projects all over the country. See why CaFÉ is the foremost submission and online jurying solution for the arts and, specifically, the public art field.
With CaFÉ, you can:
- Access over 160,000 emerging and established artists.
- Build request for qualifications (RFQ) submission forms.
- Collect submissions from both individual artists and teams.
- Conduct multiple online jury rounds.
- Communicate selection results with applicants.
- Export application materials and work samples.
Public Art Programs Using CaFÉ
CaFÉ + The Public Art Archive
In 2010, WESTAF created the Public Art Archive™ (PAA), a growing online and mobile database of completed public artworks across the U.S. Hundreds of public art organizations across the country have used these systems to streamline their public art processes and bring visibility to their collections.
The Public Art Archive Products & Services
- Freely accessible database of public art throughout the world
- Web-based collection management system
- Technology-driven engagement tools, including:
- Embeddable collection maps
- Collection-specific web apps
Public Art in Private Development Database
The Public Art in Private Development (PAPD) Database is a dynamic collection of official ordinance documentation and other supporting materials created by communities across the United States pertaining to public art in private development programs. It is an invaluable resource for municipalities, developers, transportation hubs, art consultants, and any others involved with the implementation of public art for private development programs for their communities.
CaFÉ for Public Artists
CaFÉ hosts public art calls for entries and requests for qualifications from public art programs all over the country. To find your next public art opportunity, browse, search, and filter CaFÉ’ open call listings.
Tips for finding public art-specific calls for entries:
- Use the Call Type filter and select Public Art
- Locate the Project Budget
- Search for keywords such as “public art,” “request for qualifications (RFQs),” “percent for art,” etc.
Submit to the Public Art Archive
The Public Art Archive™ (PAA) was designed with the mission of making public art more public. Any public artist or collection manager can include their artworks on this premier database for public art. To be considered for inclusion, you must be a professional artist who has completed and installed public artwork or an administrator of an established public art program. There is no charge to submit entries to the PAA.