6th Annual Juried Art Show
801 Magnolia Avenue, Piedmont, CA 94611
Entry Deadline: 11/5/18
Days remaining to deadline: 46
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (6th Annual Juried Art Show): $40.00
The 6thAnnual Juried Art Show presented by The Piedmont Center for the Arts is a juried art exhibition selected from submissions highlighting a large variety of contemporary 2-dimenional works by Bay Area artists. Featuring original art created within the past two years, 35 pieces will be selected by guest jurors Carin Adams, Curator of Art, Oakland Museum of California, and Nancy Lim,Assistant Curator of Painting and Sculpture,San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
Thanks to the courtesy of the John P. Thornborrow Memorial Endowment Fund, total cash awards of $4,000 allocated to juror-designated award winners will be presented during the opening reception on Friday, January 11, 2019.
ELIGIBILITY: Must reside/work within the nine countries of the Greater Bay Area Artists including: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma.
SUBMISSIONS: $40 Entry Fee.
EXHIBITION DATES: January 12 – January 27, 2019; Opening Reception: Friday, January 11, 6-8 pm
The Piedmont Center for the Arts is a non-profit arts organization dedicated to coalescing the arts communities of Piedmont and around the Bay Area.
The Piedmont Center for the Arts is honored to have two distinguished jurors:
1) Carin Adams is the Curator of Art at the Oakland Museum of California. In 2014, she led the major exhibition SuperAwesome: Art and Giant Robot, which featured contemporary art alongside Asian and Asian American popular culture. More recent projects include a site-specific commission by the Los Angeles-based art collective FriendsWithYou and the special exhibition J.B. Blunk: Nature, Art & Everyday Life.
2) Nancy Limis an Assistant Curator at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art in the Department of Painting and Sculpture, where she organizes and contributes to temporary and permanent collection exhibitions of California art, including the forthcoming Vija Celmins retrospective co-organized by The Met Breuer. Previously she was a Curatorial Assistant in the Department of Painting and Sculpture at The Museum of Modern Art, New York; and the Asian Art Curatorial Fellow at the Guggenheim Museum, New York. She did doctoral work at Northwestern University and received her undergraduate degree from the University of California, Berkeley.
Cash awards: 1stplace - $2,500, 2nd- $1,000, 3rd- $500 plus Honorable Mentions. The Center does not take a commission for art works sold through the show but a 10% voluntary donation is suggested.
All artwork must have been created within the past 2 years. Artists can submit a maximum of three (3) images. Entry fee is $40. All works must be able to be hung on the wall to be considered (wired for easy hanging) and are limited to 48 x 36 inches including frame and may not exceed 30 lbs. ONLY 2 dimensional media will be accepted, including photography, wall sculpture, fabric, mixed media, printmaking, all paintings and drawings including oil, acrylic, pastels, ink, watercolor, graphite.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS Monday, NOVEMBER 5th, 2018 (11:30 pm). If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Exhibit Terms and Information:
1. ARTWORKS must be able to be hung on a wall to be considered, already with wire on back, no other hanging devices on back are acceptable. Wire attached with D-rings are preferable. We do not drill screws or nails into our walls so D-rings and wires are the only method for hanging art.
2. Art will be selected by designated jurors. Notification of acceptance/non-acceptance will be emailed. Note: The Piedmont Center for the Arts discourages artwork entries that include significant elements of sexually explicit imagery, overtly political or religious content, graphic depiction of violence, or profanity.
3. Size of finished work to be a maximum of 36” x 48” including frame, and maximum weight of 30 lbs. Work is to be installation ready; 2-D work must be framed or prepared and ready for hanging, FLAT D-RING HARDWARE with opening 3/16” or larger, placed 2-4” from top, wire not visible. NO saw-tooth hangers or protruding screw eyes will be accepted. Work must be clean, frames in good condition, use Plexiglas only (no glass). Unframed canvas and panels must have gallery finished sides; no staples visible. No wet paintings. Photography must be limited edition prints, matted and framed under Plexiglas. Artwork not adequately prepared will not be accepted into exhibition.
4. Artwork may not be removed by artist or buyer until Sunday, January 27th. Pick up is between 3:00-5:00 pm (however, special arrangements can be made to pick up between 12-3 pm that day as well). Please make arrangements to have someone pick up your art if you cannot come on that date, as late pick-up fees apply; subject to a $5 per piece per day storage fee. Artists may designate someone to pick their work up for them with prior notification to Center.
--The Piedmont Center for the Arts will NOT handle sales of works. All sale inquiries will be directed to the artist. A voluntary donation of 10% is asked from any sales to help support the non-profit organization of the Piedmont Center for the Arts.
--Work will NOT be insured by the Piedmont Center for the Arts. Artists are strongly encouraged to insure artworks on their own policies.
The Piedmont Center for the Arts is not responsible for any loss, injury, damage, or theft of artwork. We recommend that The Artist maintain insurance The Piedmont Center for the Arts. In no event shall The Piedmont Center for the Arts nor the Board of Directors will be liable for any injury, loss, damage, theft or disappearance of or to property. All reasonable efforts will be made by The Piedmont Center for the Arts to protect artwork from accidental damage or breakage. Insurance liability for accidental damage or breakage is not provided by The Piedmont Center for the Arts.
--Participating artists are asked to snail mail or bring with them their bio and/or statement for inclusion in the Artist Information Notebook by or before January 6th. Mail, unfolded, to Piedmont Center for the Arts, 801 Magnolia Avenue, Piedmont, CA 94611.
KEY DATES:Deadline for Submission: Monday, November 5, 2018 (11:30 pm)
Selected Artists Notified: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 (before 5 pm)
Artwork Drop-Off Date: Sunday, January 6, 3:00-5:00 pm
Exhibition Dates: Saturday, January 12 – Sunday, January 27, 2019 (Gallery viewing every Saturday and Sunday during show from 12 noon – 3pm)
Opening Date: Friday, January 11h, 6:00-8:00 pm
Artists' Reception: Friday, January 11th, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Artwork Pick-Up Date: Sunday, January 27th, 3:00 – 5:00 pm