Entry Deadline: 8/7/18
Days remaining to deadline: 16
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 12
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 12
Entry Fee (4th Annual Hand Pulled Prints: The Current Practice in Printmaking): $35.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $10.00
4th Annual Hand Pulled Prints: The Current Practice in Printmaking
International Juried Art Exhibition NYC
September 21, 2018 – October 21, 2018
This is an open call to artists for an exhibition at Site:Brooklyn.
This exhibition will reflect the ambitious, innovative and contemporary in printmaking today. Highlighting traditional printmaking processes in any combination of serigraphy, letterpress, collagraphy, etching, woodcut, lithography, linocut, drypoint, mezzotint, monoprint and solar plates. Digital and photographic elements may be used only as a supporting element.
ABOUT THE JUROR:
Jennifer Melby is a master printmaker specializing in intaglio printmaking. She opened her studio in the early 1980’s and has worked with Brice Marden, Donald Baechler, Michael Byron, Eric Fischl, Janet Fish, Jane Freilicher, Joanne Greenbaum, Dan McCarthy, Suzanne McClelland, Sean Mellyn, and Paul Henry Ramirez, among others. Prints made in her studio have been acquired by many contemporary print collections including the Museum of Modern Art, New York Public Library, Whitney Museum, Houston Museum of Fine Art, Cleveland Museum of Art, Smith College, Tate Gallery, Pinakothek der Moderne, Munich, and the Yale University Art Gallery.
Site:Brooklyn is a gallery dedicated to exhibiting the current practice of contemporary artists.
CALL TO ARTISTS FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Call Announcement Date: June 7, 2018
Final Submission Deadline: August 7, 2018
Notification Letter Date: August 15, 2018
Gallery Exhibition Dates: September 21 –October 21, 2018
Opening Reception: Friday September 21, 2018 from 6-9PM
ELIGIBILITY: This call for submission is open to all artists 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in painting.
JURYING: Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges, are final.
SUBMISSIONS AND FEES: Only original works may be submitted. The fee is $35. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image.
A completed application consists of the following information and files: Name, contact information, Images, Text descriptors for each image must include Title, Year Completed, Medium & Dimensions. All entries must be registered/received by midnight August 7, 2018 MST All entry fees are non-refundable.
ACCEPTANCE: Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by, August 15, 2018. A return confirmation of participation is required by August 20, 2018 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK:
1. Maximum Size: 48” X 60” X 4” D
2. All work must be suitably framed to a professional standard. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges. All framed conventional work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”.
3. Work must be wired or have a cleat attachment and be ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the accepted image as listed on the notification form. No artwork may be substituted.
4. All artwork must be priced for sale.
5. Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED WORK:
1. All Shipped Artwork must arrive at the gallery between September 1 and September 14, 2018. Shipping address is Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215 (UPS and Fedex are our preferred carriers). The artist assumes all responsibility for insuring artwork against shipping damage or loss. Please do not use Styrofoam popcorn packing. Artists will be responsible for delivery and return shipping of all their artwork. All work must be gallery ready for installation.
2. Work can be hand delivered to Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215 by artist or artist’s agent on Saturday September 15th and Sunday September 16th 1:00-5:00 PM. Hand-delivered works must be removed by artist or artist’s agent. - see paragraph on Hand Removal below.
RETURN: - Shipped work must be packaged in a reusable container. A prepaid label for its return must be enclosed. Shipping address Site:Brooklyn 165 7th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215. The gallery accepts no responsibility damages in shipping or work left in the gallery after pick up date.
HAND REMOVAL: Hand-delivered artwork must be picked up Monday October 22nd and Tuesday October 23rd 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Any work not removed during this specified time will be stored for a month at the rate of $5.00 a day and disposed of in accordance with NYS law.
LATE ARRIVAL AND RETURNS: Site:Brooklyn reserves the right to reject and return work that is late.
LIABILITY:Site:Brooklyn is not responsible for any damage, breakage, replacement or cost associated with any damage or breakage that may have occurred during transport or unpacking. Every precaution will be taken in handling the entries, but Site:Brooklyn assumes no liability for any loss or damage to any artist’s work while in our care, custody or control, before, during or after the exhibition. Each artist, if they wish, needs to provide their own insurance.
SALES, COMMISSIONS: Site:Brooklyn will retain a 50% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition
USE OF IMAGES: Any image submitted may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to this show. This use may include publication in any publications, printed materials, advertisements, or electronic media. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
CONTACT/QUESTIONS: Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
ENTRY AGREEMENT: With the submission of artwork into the 4th Annual Hand Pulled Prints: The Current Practice in Printmaking exhibition the artist agrees to all the terms and conditions set forth in this prospectus.