Sumi-ePainting Traditional and Emerging Expressions
Niza Knoll Gallery
915 SAnta Fe Drive
Entry Deadline: 8/17/18
Days remaining to deadline: 26
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $40.00
Sumi-e Painting Exhibition
Deadline - August 17, 2018. Midnight
Niza Knoll Gallery in Denver, Colorado, is pleased to announce a juried exhibition celebrating traditional and emerging expressions in Sumi-e painting . We invite artists to explore techniques in creating Sumi-e or Far East Asian influenced fine art with ink, water color, and or acrylic mediums. The artwork can be representational, expressionist, nature base and or abstract. The exhibition is envisioned to celebrate the approach of Sumi-e painting and expression.
Honoring tradition, pushing the limits building on tradition and exploring possibilities to arrive at the art is the focus of this show.
Mamiko Ikeda: http://www.mamikoikeda.com
Professional Experience: Mamiko Ikeda, from Tokyo, Japan, is a cultural educator and multi-media artist who mainly creates calligraphy art, prints, and animation. Early in her life she began studying shodo (Japanese calligraphy) with her mother, master calligrapher Shotei Miura, as her guide. Later, drawn to the American West to study Native American culture and storytelling, she earned a Master’s Degree from the University of Denver in Liberal Arts, specializing in American Indian Studies.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL SUBMITTED WORK MUST MEET THESE SIZE AND STYLE REQUIREMENTS:
This is an “unframed” painting show. The show is taking a direct approach in regards to how the work is displayed. The works should not be framed and should not require a frame to complete the expression.. It is best if it can be rolled and shipped via a shipping tube, however sending it flat via a box is fine as well. It is recommended that the signature is not at the edge of the artwork and is offset to a amount that supports framing and matting if a purchaser would like to frame the work.
Paintings must be NO SMALLER than 12 x 14 inches and NO LARGER than 60 x 72 inches.
The exhibition Sumi-e Exhibition opens 9/7, 2018 and runs through 10/20, 2018. It is a great time to get your art shown in Denver’s fabulous Art District on Santa Fe.
Entry fee is $40.00 for 1 to 3 entries.
All entries must go through CaFE www.callforentry.org
• Awards to be determined and will be given to Best of Show, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
• All artwork must be the same as digital submittal.
• All work must have been completed in the past three years.
• Gallery may use artwork in exhibit for publicity.
• Artwork can be on canvas, paper or fabric with finished or unfinished edges and ready to hang in gallery via a method that the gallery feels fits the work.
• Artists are responsible for all shipping costs, including return shipping with pre-paid labels to be enclosed in shipping containers. All shipped work must be sent in appropriate and re-usable packaging.
• Packaging must be strong enough for return shipping.
• Do not pack your work with packing peanuts, these packages will not be accepted. Make sure you tell your shipper not to use them.
• All work must remain for the duration of the exhibit.
• For work that is accepted, the artists must provide a one paragraph statement about the work entered, which will be used for marketing.
• Niza Knoll Gallery is not responsible for damage or loss during transport. Artists should insure work while in transport.
• Art previously shown in gallery will not be accepted.
Call for entries deadline: 8/17
Jurying complete: 8/21
Acceptance letter by: 8/23
Shipped art received no later than: 9/3
Hand deliver art to gallery on: 9/4 from 12pm-2:00pm
Show opens Friday: 9/7
Artists Reception: 9/21 5-8 pm
Exhibition Duration: 9/7 - 10/20
Pick up art: 10/20 from 3-5pm • All artists must abide by the delivery date and pick-up date. There is no storage at the gallery.
• Artwork left in the gallery after the exhibit without written gallery consent may be subject to storage charges or be donated to a worthy cause.
• SALES All work must be available for sale during the exhibition. Please note that Niza Knoll retains a 40% commission on all retail art sales.
• Prices, sizes and images may not be changed after acceptance into exhibit. Payment for sold artwork will be issued within 45 days after the close of the exhibition
• Artists are solely responsible for delivery and pick up of all their artwork.
• The artist agrees that it will direct all sales derived from the exhibit (such as a purchaser who first viewed or otherwise became aware of the artwork at the NKG exhibit, approached the artist outside of the exhibit due to the promotion of the exhibit such as the galleries website, galleries email) for a period of up to three months to the gallery for payment and will forward the gallery its agreed upon commission whether or not the sale was completed at the gallery or after the exhibit.
If you have any questions or need additional information please contact by email only to Niza Knoll firstname.lastname@example.org
If work is accepted and will be shipped please do not send to gallery address. Shipping information and address will be given upon acceptance to exhibition.