Entry Deadline: 7/20/18
Images - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 2, Maximum: 6
View Site Details
Installation Nation is a 3 week long exhibition presented by Primary Colours featuring site-specific art installations to be located on the grounds of the Indianapolis Art Center’s 9.5 acre ArtsPark. Artists and Artist Teams are invited to submit proposals at no cost. From these proposals Primary Colours will select up to fifteen projects and award them a $1,000 stipend to create their work.
Installation Nation is open to all individual Artists or Artist Teams over the age of 18 residing in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky. Selected artists MUST be available to install their work during the installation period of October 7 – October 11, 2018.
Entry is free of charge and done exclusively through CaFE - CallForEntry.Org. Physical applications will not be accepted.
Each artist must submit the following on the CaFE website by Monday, July 16, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST.
• A current CV or Resume, not to exceed 3 pages
• A brief description of your proposed project. What are you proposing? How do you intend to complete your project?
• Up to Six (6) images for jurying: Up to 3 images of past work and up to 3 images of your proposed project. Images of your proposed project may be sketches, studies, renderings, photographs of assembled elements or complete projects if the project has been realized in an earlier incarnation.
After the application deadline, Primary Colours will convene a panel of Installation Nation committee members and a local arts professional to select up to 15 projects from the pool of proposals received. Proposals will be judged based on originality, feasibility, execution, and innovation.
All submitting Artists will be notified of their status on Friday, July 20, 2018 via email.
• After a proposal is selected, alterations or substitutions cannot be made without authorization by Primary Colours. Primary Colours reserves the right to remove any works from the exhibition based on special installation circumstances or discrepancies between the juried images and actual work.
• Selected Artists are responsible for all costs associated with the fabrication, production, and transportation of their work; Primary Colours cannot provide electronics, technology, or other materials for installation.
• All accepted work must remain on display through the end of the exhibition on November 3, 2018
Selected Proposals will receive $1,000.00 each toward the completion of their project. This stipend will be split into two payments. $500.00 will be issued upon selection and $500.00 will be issued at the completion of the exhibit upon the successful de-install of the project. Artists who do not de-install their project will not receive their second payment.
• All artwork must be installed between the dates of October 7 – October 11, 2018 by 6 p.m.
• While the Indianapolis Art Center and Primary Colours will have some staff and volunteer support for artists during the installation period, please remember that installation is primarily artist-driven. We will be able to help you troubleshoot should complications arise, but will not install your piece for you.
• Artists may make no permanent damage to the Indianapolis Art Center’s ArtsPark Grounds or existing structures. An invoice will be issued to any artist who incurs damage to the park or its contents during installation for the replacement cost of any item damaged.
About Primary Colours:
Primary Colours is an organization of volunteers dedicated to serving visual art and culture and connecting artists with their communities. We’re based in Indianapolis and we do everything we can to support art and the people who create it in our own backyard. Our Mission is to facilitate interaction between visual artists and the community. Our purpose is to create and sustain a thriving environment for the visual arts through unique exhibitions, cultural events, and awesome resources for up-and-coming artists.
About the Indianapolis Art Center:
The Indianapolis Art Center is one of the largest community art facilities in the United States not connected with a university, welcoming more than 250,000 visitors a year. The mission of the Indianapolis Art Center is to engage, enlighten, and inspire our community by providing interactive art education, outreach to underserved audiences, support of artists, and exposure to the visual arts.
Monday, July 16, 2018 Proposals Due at 11:59 pm EST
Friday, July 20, 2018 Artist Notification
Sunday, October 7 – Thursday, October 11, 2018 Installation Period
Friday, October 12, 2018 Opening Reception
Friday, October 12 – Saturday, November 3, 2018 Exhibition Run
Sunday, November 4, 2018 De-install