Entry Deadline: 7/6/18
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 4
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 4
Entry Fee (35th All Colorado Show at the Depot Art Gallery): $35.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $5.00
35th AnnualAll Colorado Show 2018
presented by: The Littleton Fine Arts Guild at The Depot Art Gallery.
Exhibit will run from July 31 through September 9, 2018.
The reception and awards presentation will be held on Friday August 8th from 5 to 8pm
- Open to any living artist or photographer residing in Colorado.
- Submissions must be original work of submitting artist, current within last 2 years, and shall not have appeared in a previous All Colorado Show.
- All entries shall be for sale.
- Artwork is limited in size to 36” x 48”, including framing.
- Two and three-dimensional art, including traditional and digital photography, paintings, collage, sculpture, ceramics, fiber/textile, mixed media and glass are acceptable.
- All artwork must be the original creation of the submitting artist. Giclée prints are not permitted. (Collage papers must be the original work of the artist.)
- Deadline: Entries must be entered into CaFE, (callforentry.org), by Midnight, Friday, July 6th, 2018.
- Only artwork of professional presentation will be accepted.
- Wall-hung items must be appropriately framed and/or edges adequately finished.
- Pictures must use sturdy wire as the hanging medium. No saw-tooth hangers or metal eyelets accepted. Frames must be free of defects.
- Three-dimensional works, such as pottery and sculpture, must be stable to stand on their own or be submitted with adequate display stands.
- Three dimensional artwork cannot exceed 15" and not weigh more than 75 pounds.
- The Littleton Fine Arts Guild reserves the right to reject any work not matching submission images, or which is not properly presented for exhibit, or which it deems inappropriate for the Littleton Fine Arts Guild setting or its’ clientele.
CaFE photo guidelines are as follows:
- All images must be entered through CaFE
- Entry fee is $35 for 3 entries. An additional entry may be submitted for an additional $5
- Each artist may submit up to 4 entries.
- A minimum of 3 submissions is required by CaFÉ.
If entering only 1 or 2 images, fill in the remaining 1 or 2 entries with either blank JPGs sized to CaFE specifications, or use the same image and name it “Duplicate Entry.” If you have questions, please contact Paul Nutting (email@example.com or 720-982-7269)
- Check Out: Pay the $35 (or $40) entry fee online with PayPal, a credit or debit card, or mail in a check.
- If paying by check, make the check payable to Littleton Fine Arts Guild with “Show Entry” in the Memo line, and mail to Treasurer Littleton Fine Arts Guild, 2460 Quinn Ave. Littleton, CO 80120. Please note: Your images will NOT be available to jury until we receive your check, so if you are paying by check, don’t leave your entry until the last week. If entering at the last minute, you MUST pay with a credit card. The Jury starts one day after the deadline.
- Entry fee is non-refundable
- Images must be cropped to exclude framing and background and must represent the work exactly.
- Notification of accepted and rejected entries will be made by email through CaFE.
- File format: JPEG only
- File dimensions: No smaller than 1200 pixels on the longest side
- File resolution: 72 ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
- File size: 5 MB maximum
- A tutorial on preparing files for upload can be found at: https://www.callforentry.org/image_prep.phtml
Joan Kresek creates paintings of natural subjects, dioramas of natural scenes, and trompe l'oeil representations of natural surfaces that celebrate the illusion of three-dimensional form, actual and tactile textures, particular moods, specific characters, and authentic details that depict certain times, distinct environments, and explicit moments in our lives. Her teaching experience covers over 20 years as an instructor in drawing, painting, Illustration, graphic design and media usage. Joan creates art for galleries, private commission and museums. Her work is in collections in Florida, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North and South Carolina, Texas, Wyoming and Colorado. Joan lives in Denver with her husband, two daughters, two cats, dog and rabbit. www.joankresek.com and www.kresekArtStudio.com.
The Littleton Fine Arts Guild will offer over $2000 in cash awards to artists selected by our juror. Our sponsors will also present purchase awards and/or awards of cash or goods/services to the artists of their choice or to the juror’s honorable mentions. These awards will be presented at the reception on Friday, August 3rd, 2017, 5:30-8:00. Sales A 30% commission is charged on all sales.
All artwork will be handled with reasonable care. However, accidents and events out of our control may occur. Therefore, neither The Depot Art Gallery, The Littleton Fine Arts Guild, Inc., nor the City of Littleton will be responsible for, or reimburse you for, any theft or losses of any artwork or for damage to any artwork, including framing, that may occur on the premises. Artists are encouraged to maintain their own insurance covering losses or damages that may occur during the transport or display of their work.
Agreement: By submission of an entry, the artist agrees to all conditions stated herein, and:
- Waives any claim for loss or damage against the Depot Art Gallery; the Littleton Fine Arts Guild, Inc.; and the City of Littleton.
- Agrees that the Depot Art Gallery and the Littleton Fine Arts Guild, Inc. have the right to make final decisions as to marketing, display, sale and other conditions of and for the All Colorado Show 2018.
- Authorizes the Depot Art Gallery and the Littleton Fine Arts Guild, Inc. to use any image submitted into the All Colorado Show for purposes of advertising or promoting the show.
- Agrees to deliver accepted art work in person (or a designated representative by prior arrangement) at the Depot Art Gallery, between 9-11:00am, July 30, and to pick up unsold art work on Sept 9 between 1:30-3:30pm. Please contact Paul Nutting (720-982-7269 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) with any unforeseen problems.
- Agrees to provide an accurate inventory sheet of all work delivered for the show, including up to 4 pieces of bin work.
- Agrees to submit only works of art that are original works completed within the last two years and not accepted to a previous All Colorado Show at the Depot.
- Work must not be a copy of other artist's work (including reference photographs), nor work produced in a class or workshop.
- All works must remain on display for the entire exhibition.
- Although we will exercise due care in handling works submitted to this exhibition, the Gallery will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any art work.
- Agrees that artwork left more than 5 days after the close of the show becomes the property of the Littleton Fine Arts Guild.
- The Littleton Fine Arts Guild will manage all sales and retain a commission of 30% on all sales.
- Up to 4 pieces of 2-dimensional bin work will be accepted from every artist who submits entries to the All Colorado Show, whether or not pieces were juried into the show.
- Bin work shall be neatly enclosed in acetate, and labeled with the artists name, email address, and inventory number, corresponding to the inventory sheet.
- Bin work will not be juried and a 30% commission shall apply for bin work sold.
- An inventory sheet for bin work will be provided at drop off.
- Bin pieces shall be labeled with artists’ name and numbered to correspond with the inventory sheet.
The Littleton Fine Arts Guild operates the Depot Art Gallery. Regular hours are Tuesday through Saturday, from 10 am to 5 pm and Sundays from 10am to 4pm. During Littleton's Western Welcome Week (Aug 10-19), the Gallery is open every day, 10am to 5pm, Sunday’s 11am to 4pm. If you have questions about the All Colorado Show please contact Paul Nutting. (720-982-7269 or mailto:email@example.com)
The Littleton Fine Arts Guild
c/o Depot Art Gallery
2069 W. Powers Ave
Littleton Co, 80120
About the Depot Art Gallery:
The historic Depot Art Gallery is a restored 1885 Santa Fe train station adapted to use as a gallery, which opened in 1978. Located on a site near the railroad tracks, the Depot Art Gallery is a unique marriage of community spirit and the arts. There are regular monthly exhibits by members of the Littleton Fine Arts Guild. The Depot Art Gallery is under the administration of the Museum and the City of Littleton and directed by the Littleton Fine Arts Guild.
Important Dates for All Colorado Show 2018
- Friday, July 6th: Deadline for all entries via CAFÉ
- Friday, July 13th: Jury Notifications sent by email.
- Monday, July 30th: Delivery of accepted artwork and bin pieces to The Depot Art Gallery, 9 am – 11am. Gallery telephone is 303-795-0781.
- Tuesday, July 31st: Show opens at 10 a.m.
- Friday, Aug 3rd: Reception 5-8pm. Awards presentation 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Sept 9th: Show closes at 4 p.m. Artist pick up from 1:30 to 3:30pm. No artwork may be left at the Depot Art Gallery.