Entry Deadline: 10/11/18
Days remaining to deadline: 18
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 6
Entry Fee (Particle & Wave - Paperclay Illuminated): $35.00
This exhibition will be on tour June of 2019 through 2021 and will visit several Museums in the US including the ASU Art Museum Ceramics Research Center, Nora Eccles Museum of Art, The Fuller Craft Museum and the Holter Museum of Art to name a few.
Our Curator: Peter Held
In the course of Peter Held’s impressive three-decade career as a museum director and contemporary art curator, he has organized more than 200 exhibitions,including seven national traveling shows. Held is the editor and essayist for 10 books including Infinite Place: The Ceramic Art of Wayne Higby(2013); Innovation and Change: Ceramics from the ASU Art Museum Collection (2009), and Akio Takamori: Between Clouds of Memory (2005).
He has received three of the highest accolades possible from the Friends of Contemporary Ceramics, the Smithsonian’s James Renwick Alliance, and the National Council for Education on the Ceramic Arts. Held has served as a trustee for the American Craft Council, and was a resident artist at the Archie Bray Foundation for the Ceramic Arts (1974-75).
In June, 2014, he retired from his position as curator of ceramics, Arizona State University, Ceramics Research Center. He owns an art appraisal and consulting business based in Phoenix, Arizona. He is the curator of the Reitz Family Trust, and continues to curate and jury exhibitions nationally.
- This is an international exhibition and open to all artists worldwide who are using paperclay in their artwork.
- Artist must be at least 18 year of age.
- All artwork must have been completed within the last two years.
- Artworks using paperclay as the main material are eligible. Other additives may be permitted provided the main material comprises paper and clay.
- Artwork can be functional or sculptural, free standing or a wall piece and must not exceed 36 by 36 inches. (91 by 91 centimeters.)
- Artist must also provide the title, size, media and year created for each work being submitted
- Submitted works must not have been previously accepted or have received an award in a domestic or international competition.
- The entry fee of $35 is non-refundable.
- A maximum of 2 works are allowed per entry.
- All documentation to be in English
- Artists should submit a minimum of 3 images per work and may submit a maximum of 6 images (or 3 each if you are entering two works).
- All images must be in jpeg format in a high resolution that is at least 300 dpi.
- Label the images clearly with the title of your work.
- If the provided images are photographed by someone other than the artist, photo credit and copyright information must be included.
Delivery & Shipping
- Accepted work may be hand delivered or shipped prepaid to the opening exhibition location.
- All works must arrive three weeks prior to the opening of the exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for carrying their own insurance when shipping to the opening exhibition destination.
- Shipping information and further instructions will be sent to all participants.
- The exhibition will be responsible for return shipping costs.Insurance
- The artist is responsible for insuring the works in transit to the opening exhibition site.
- The exhibition will carry insurance for work while in transit between museums.
- The work will be insured by each museum participating in the exhibition .
- Work should have a stated value for insurance purposes.