Entry Deadline: 4/24/18
Number of Applications Allowed: 3
Images - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 6
- DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 24th 2018 at 11:59p.m. Mountain Time Zone
- PROSPECTUS: Colorado Mesa University is looking to acquire multiple artworks from multiple artists for the Health Sciences building. Due to the building's design and limited floor space, 2D works are the main format of artwork that will be considered. Works may include relief sculpture, as long as they are wall-mounted and do not protrude more than 4". The Selection Committee will consider artworks of all media, including but not limited to, paintings, photography, mixed media, and fabric. There are a few different wall sizes available to hang artwork in the building, so artworks of various sizes will be considered. The building has several hallways that can accommodate artwork of varying sizes, as well as a large student lounge that has space for multiple works. These large walls can accommodate artwork up to 8' long by 10' wide. There are also smaller wall spaces available for artworks in the student lounge, hallways, and conference rooms in the buildings.
There are also a few opportunities for 3D artworks and sculpture for the building. Exterior areas include the exterior entrance of the building and multiple outdoor pavilion areas. If submitting a 3D artwork for one of these sites, please note that the listed price should include all relevant installation costs or necessary display elements.
The Selection Committee would like artists to consider the building's use as the home of the nursing and medical technology departments when submitting available works. The Committee would also like submitting artists to note the contemporary design and nature of the building.
The Art Selection Committee will consider the following:
- Artist's Location- artist must be based in Colorado or Utah
- Artistic Excellence
- Technical Competence
- Conceptual Compatibility
- Scale, material, form, and content
- Ease of matinence, minimal and low cost matinence
All works of art purchased pursuant to this request are owned by the State of Colorado via Colorado Mesa University. De-accession of the public art, if necessary, will follow the policies and procedures established by Colorado Creative Industries.
- LOCATION: Colorado Mesa University
- PROJECT INTENT/THEME: To acquire artwork for the Health Sciences Center at CMU.
- BUDGET: $77,000
- PROCESS: All applications for the project are being accepted through CaFE. No hard copy submissions will be accepted. The applicant will be asked to submit digital images of available artwork, a resume, and a statement of interest. There's no application fee to apply or to use the CaFE online system.
- IMAGES: Artists may submit 3-6 images of the same artwork in order to show various details. Please include images that show the frame if applicable. Artists may submit up to 3 available artworks for consideration. The maximum amount of images for all artworks submission allowed is 6. Each artwork submitted will be as its own application.
- RESUME: Submit a resume that outlines professional accomplishments as an artist.
- STATEMENT OF INTEREST: A statement of interest in 250 words or less must be submitted via CaFE. It should briefly outline the artist's interest and/or information on the available artwork if explaination is relevant.
- ELIGIBILITY: Artists based in Colorado or Utah
- QUESTIONS/FOLLOW UP: For more information, please contact Ashton Collett at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 970-987-2394.