Entry Deadline: 6/3/18
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 6
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 3, Maximum: 6
Entry Fee (Entry Fee): $35.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $10.00
View Site Details
Axis Gallery is pleased to have Lucía Sanromán, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, Director of Visual Arts, as juror for the 13th National Juried Exhibition.
Eligibility & Media
About the Juror
- Open to artists residing in the U.S.
- Contemporary original 2D and 3D work in any medium including painting, print, drawings, video, photography, or digital images.
- 2D work should not exceed a framed size of 48” in the longest dimension.
- 3D work is limited to 36” and not more than 60 lbs
- work must be 5 min or shorter (this work will be rotate on a 60” monitor installed in the gallery with other accepted work)
- the artist must provide and install their own equipment. Monitors should be no larger than 30” diagonal. If sound is integral to the work, please provide headphones for viewers.
- All work must be original (no reproductions), produced within the last two years and not previously shown at Axis Gallery.
- Work with complex installations or video will be included at the discretion of the juror and gallery.
Lucía Sanromán joined Yerba Buena Center for the Arts as Director of Visual Arts in October 2015. Over the course of her career, she has curated groundbreaking exhibitions throughout the United States, Mexico, and Latin America. Recent projects at YBCA include, among others, Tania Bruguera: Talking to Power / Hablándole al Poder (2017) (co-curated with Susie Kantor, curatorial associate at YBCA), and the upcoming Futurefarmers: Out of Place, in Place opening on April 20, 2018.
Cash awards and a printed exhibition catalogue.
Please submit JPEG and video files. Prepare your files according to the CaFÉ guidelines.
$35 for three images/videos, additional entries $10.00 each, limit 6.
Videos are limited to a total of 3
- June 3, 10:59PM PST: Entries due
- June 25: Notification of acceptance by email, and on the CaFÉ site
- July 23–27: Shipped work to arrive
- July 27–29, 12–5 pm: Hand delivery to Axis Gallery
- August 3: Exhibition Opens
- August 11: Second Saturday Reception, 6–9 pm
- August 26: Exhibition Closes
- Shipped work returned at close of exhibition.
- Aug 27 from 5–6 pm or Aug 28 from 10:00 am–4 pm, hand-delivered work pickup
- Sales are encouraged. The gallery will retain 40% commission on any work sold.
- Price of work should include commission to gallery.
Insurance & Liability
- Work will be insured at Axis Gallery but not in transit.
- The gallery will not assume responsibility for work improperly framed or poorly packaged for shipping.
- Images of accepted work may be used for promotional purposes and be featured in an exhibition catalogue.
- Shipping instructions will be emailed following the jury process.
- Email Axis Gallery: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Space
Axis Gallery is an artist-run space that has been in operation for over 30 years, with a national reputation for bringing contemporary and challenging exhibitions to Sacramento. The gallery is dedicated to the highest standards of excellence in the selection and presentation of works of art.