Entry Deadline: 2/28/18
Days remaining to deadline: 6
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 5
Audio - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 2
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 5
- DEADLINE (EXTENDED): 2.28.18 at 11:59 p.m. MST
- This call is a commission for new work(s) that will be purchased by Patrick Square. Patrick Square is a land developer, real estate company, and community management team. The Review Committee will consist of members of the Patrick Square staff as well as neighborhood residents on a steering committee. The artist may work with a team or individually.
- Patrick Square is one of the newest Traditional Neighborhood Developments in the city of Clemson. It is located at 160 Thomas Green Blvd, off Issaquena Trail Road and Hwy 123 Exit. It incorporates high quality Southern vernacular in its residential and commercial sites and emphasizes connectivity and environmental conservation through an integrated sidewalk and road network intertwined into its green spaces and parks. The town center and neighborhood strive to meet the needs of its multi-generational population by providing access to a variety of social services, restaurants, and natural sites.
- PROJECT INTENT/THEME:
- The goal for the art project is to initiate a public art trail that will include various exhibits encouraging visitors to explore the Patrick Square community. The various exhibits should have an overall consistency and theme that may be compiled into a children's story book or guide map.
- There is no limitation on the media type, style, or size of the work. The artwork is expected to be permanent and durable.
- The budget will cover the designs, artist fees, travel, fabrication, lighting, and insurance of the display(s). Installation will be provided by Patrick Square according to instructions from the artist. The budget is $20,000.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
- Artist Statement
- Please describe your initial impressions of and projected approach to this public art project for Patrick Square community. You may address your thoughts on location and medium and, if applicable, discuss any projects for which you used a similar approach.
- Concept Sketch (OPTIONAL): If you would like to share an initial rendering of the project, feel free to attach it to your submission.
- Include name, address, telephone, email, and website (if applicable) of the ARTIST to receive all Project information, or any official correspondence relating to the Project.
- Artist Resume (1 - 2 pages)
- Include degrees held, a summary list of exhibitions/public art projects completed, selected exhibitions/public art projects, awards, catalogues, current gallery affiliations, and grants / fellowships.
- Portfolio/Past Experience
- Images of Previous Work. Please closely observe the following guideline for the submittal of digital images:
- Submit images featuring select examples of previous public art projects with emphasis on works of a similar scope or utilizing similar techniques. You can include the year, location, media, and budget of featured artwork.
- Describe any previous work experience regarding your portfolio, including (but not limited to) your experience working with architectural, engineering, and design specifications and drawings.
- References (3 required)
- Include phone numbers and email addresses for at least three (3) professional references.
- The selected Artist will contract directly with Patrick Square to successfully complete the full scope of the Project within the project budget and on schedule.
- Any concepts that may be considered controversial or political should be avoided.
- In order to be considered, submissions must comply with the requirements outlined in this document. Objects that are mass-produced or of standard manufacture are not eligible for consideration.
- Services rendered shall include:
- The Artist’s design(s) should complement Patrick Square’s architectural traditions and enhance the Site’s identity and use.
- Providing and maintaining insurance to cover claims for damages for personal injury, bodily injury (including wrongful death), and property damage. The Artist shall require all subcontractors to provide and maintain insurance. A complete list of insurance requirements will be provided to project finalists.
- Bearing the entire risk of loss or damage to the Work(s) during design, fabrication, packing, shipping, and installation.
- Strictly adhering to and managing the approved project, budget, and schedule, including the submission of monthly written Progress Reports to Patrick Square.
- Submitting to Patrick Square detailed working drawings of the commissioned Work(s) and the Site(s) in order to permit Patrick Square to carry out architectural and engineering design reviews and to certify the compliance of the Work(s) with applicable statutes and community standards.
- Performing all services and furnishing all supplies, material, and equipment as necessary for the design, execution, fabrication, transportation, and installation of the Work(s) at the Site(s), and providing professional documentation photos and/or a brief artist video at the conclusion of the project.
- The Review Committee will select the artist that best meets the requirements, based on the information contained in their response to the Request for Qualifications and any reference checks conducted. Specifically, the artist will be selected based upon the following criteria:
- The quality - technical and aesthetic - of the artist's past work as represented in the image submissions.
- The experience of the artist in successfully designing, fabricating, administering, and completing public art projects and/or custom architectural elements on time and in budget.
- The artist's training and education.
- The quality and comprehensiveness of the submission package.
- Artists must be age 18+; Residing in the U.S. or abroad; It is strongly recommended that the artist reside in the southeastern region of the U.S. so as to have easy access to the site. The artist may work with a team or individually.
- QUESTIONS/FOLLOW UP:
- If you have any questions or would like to follow-up upon your submission, please contact John Waltz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any informaiton provided in a response will be shared with the entire artist pool via this page.