Event Dates: 6/15/18 - 6/17/18
Entry Deadline: 4/7/18
Days remaining to deadline: 47
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 4
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 4
Entry Fee (Edmonds Arts Festival - Gallery Art 2018): $20.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $20.00
$20.00 for each piece entered in paintings, prints, drawings, photography, computer art and three dimensional, up to 4 pieces per category.
Media Fee = fee for each additional submittal in paintings, prints, drawings, photography, computer art and three dimensional.
$18.00 for one to four pieces entered in miniatures and small paintings.
The Festival is held at the Frances Anderson Center, 700 Main Street, Edmonds, WA 98020
PAINTINGS: Oil, acrylic, pastel, tempera, airbrush, gouache, encaustic, batik, fresco, watercolor, collage and mixed media with painting dominant.
PRINTS: Relief, intaglio, mezzotint, litho- graph, serigraph, monoprint, and mixed media with printmaking dominant. This category does not include photographic prints.
DRAWINGS: Graphite, colored pencil, silverpoint, chalk, crayon, pen & ink, conté and mixed media with drawing dominant.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Traditional: Characterized by your own image (or images if a multiple exposure) captured by film or digital camera with minimal alteration, except for limited exposure control, cropping, some degree of color management, and/or the elimination of a distracting element. Digital: Characterized primarily by your own image (or images if a multiple exposure) captured by digital camera. Software may be used for cloning or special effects and to alter subjects and backgrounds, bring in other photos and art for composites, and to enhance one’s creative vision beyond traditional photography.
COMPUTER ART: Characterized by graphic art or digital imagery (without a camera) which is produced with the aid of the computer and may include computer graphics, generative art or computer illustration.
Presentation and Size Requirements for PAINTINGS, PRINTS, DRAWINGS, PHOTOGRAPHY and COMPUTER ART:
• Finished artwork must not exceed 44" H x 54" W. Framed pieces must fall within these specifications.
• Artwork must be wired for hanging. Sawtooth picture hangers are not accepted. Hanging wire may be visible ONLY if it is part of the overall design of the piece
THREE DIMENSIONAL ART: This category encompasses both fine artisan work based on functional concepts and non-functional three-dimensional art. Included, but not limited to are: clay, mosaic, metal, stone, wood, glass, fiber, quilts, and jewelry.
Presentation and Size Requirements for THREE DIMENSIONAL ART:
• Three-dimensional work may not exceed 80" x 30" x 30".
• No on-site assembly is allowed.
• Textile entries must not exceed 2600 square inches.
• Hanging textiles, rugs or quilts must have a sleeve for mounting.
A hanging rod must be provided. Nothing over 5 lbs. can be hung.
• Nothing can be hung from ceiling or overhead.
Schedule for PAINTINGS, PRINTS, DRAWINGS, PHOTOGRAPHY and COMPUTER ART, THREE DIMENSIONAL ART:
• April 7 – application deadline
• May 8-12 – notification of jury selection by email
• June 8-9 – drop off selected work at Frances Anderson Center (700 Main St., Edmonds, WA)
• June 15-17 – FESTIVAL
• June 17-18 – pick up of unsold pieces
MINIATURES AND SMALL PAINTINGS: Entries in this category include all media under painting, prints and drawing categories. Photography is not accepted. This year, we are also accepting work which has less emphasis on fine detail and the 1/6 scale; however, the same size requirements apply. Miniatures follow DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS (see below).
Even though the application process requires you to submit digital image(s) of your piece(s), the miniature and small paintings category is not juried from the online images, only from the original work of art.
Presentation & size requirements for MINIATURES AND SMALL PAINTINGS: Your frame and artwork may be any proportion that meets the following criteria: Artwork can be any size up to 5” x 5” (25 sq. in.). This includes unframed gallery wrapped canvases with finished sides. Framed artwork must not exceed 8” x 6” (48 sq. in.), while maintaining the maximum surface size of the artwork as noted above. All artwork, framed and unframed, must be professional in appearance, wired and ready for hanging.
Schedule for MINIATURES AND SMALL PAINTINGS Category:
• April 7 – online application deadline.
• April 8 – deadline to drop off original miniature or small painting at one of the two galleries listed below. If artwork is not at the gallery by this date, it will not be considered for jury selection.
• May 8-12 – notification of jury selection by email.
• June 15-17 – FESTIVAL
• June 17-18 – pick up of non-selected and unsold pieces.
Please include a copy of the printed entry form from your online application with your artwork, and be sure it is wrapped and protected for drop off.
Drop Off Locations for MINIATURES AND SMALL PAINTINGS ONLY:
408 Main Street
Edmonds, WA 98020
Mon. - Sat. 10 am - 6 pm, Sun. 11 am - 4 pm
Tsuga Fine Art
10101 Main Street NE
Bothell, WA 98011
Closed Sunday & Monday
DIGITAL IMAGE REQUIREMENTS
• Digital images are required for online entry.
• Paintings, Prints, Drawings, Photography and Computer Art: one image per artwork
• Miniatures: one entry = up to 4 unique works of art (one image per artwork).
• Three Dimensional: up to three images per artwork
File format: JPEG only
File dimensions: minimum of 1200 pixels on the longest side
File resolution: 72ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
Maximum file size: 3 MB (Files exceeding this size will be rejected.)
Minimum file size: 100 KB
If you can not deliver artwork in-person, please contact:
PHOENIX ART RESTORATION
17712 15th Ave NE
Shoreline WA 98155
There will be an awards ceremony and reception for Gallery artists on Sunday, June 10. Everyone is welcome. Please plan to attend.