2018 Transparent Watercolor Society of America 42nd National Exhibition
1288 Summit Avenue, Suite 107 #204,
Oconomowoc, WI 53066
Entry Deadline: 1/31/18
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Entry Fee (2018 Transparent Watercolor Society Membership Fee and 1 Image): $50.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $5.00
Over $20K in Cash Awards.
Life Members Free, use TWSA Life member coupon TWSA4Life.
- PREPAID New and Renewing (TWSA Website or mailed)TWSA Members
Enter Coupon Code 40offTWSA in Coupon box.(only if you have prepaid 2018 dues) You will be charged the entry fees only. For a second image pay the additional $5 "Media Fee".
TWSA monitors entries and Improper usage of coupon codes will automatically disqualify your entry.
- UNPAID New and Renewing Members, without leaving this site, enter 1 image for $50 and 2 images for $55 (Pay "Media Fee" $5 for 2nd image) and automatically become a new or renewed TWSA member.
Requirements of Paintings:
-Must be original work of the entrant, created after January 1, 2016 with no supervision of an instructor.
- Transparent watercolor applied in a transparent manner on single sheet of 100% rag or cotton paper, free of pigment and or embedded materials.
- Use of any pencil is only for planning marks.
- Framed size will not exceed 50" in either direction
- Minimum size (mat opening) of 8”x10"
Unacceptable entries include: White paint or gesso/priming, Acrylic, Gouache, Ink, Pastel, Metallic/iridescent paint, Collage, or surface constructions, Embossing/varnishing, Yupo/or types of paper not listed as acceptable. Use of digital images or enhancements. Nothing created prior to January 1st, 2016.
Clarification for you, on the online form:
Dollar = Sales Price;
Value = If not for sale, it's the value of your piece for museum insurance.
Note: 30% Commission is charged by the Kenosha Public Museum for paintings sold.
IMPORTANT: Follow the image guidelines as stated here on the CaFE site.
John Salminen, TWSA DM, AWS, NWS
John Salminen is an internationally respected watercolor artist from Duluth, Minnesota. He has won over 240 major awards in national and international exhibitions and has been an invited exhibitor in 39 international exhibitions in 15 countries. His work has been featured in over 90 magazine articles and in 42 books on four continents. His book, John Salminen - Master of the Urban Landscape was released in October of 2016.
Soon Y Warren, TWSA, AWS, NWS
Soon Y Warren is a national and internationally known full time artist and instructor from Fort Worth, Texas. She is Signature status in many art organizations and has won numerous awards. Soon is an author of two books, “Vibrant Flowers in Watercolor” and “Painting Vibrant Watercolor: Discover the Magic of Light, Color and Contrast”. Soon believes art to be her friend, her hobby, her dream and passion.
- Notifications announced
- Paintings due at Kenosha Public Museum
- Exhibition opens
June 4-8 and 11-15
- Workshops by John Salminen and Soon Y Warren
- Private reception held by the museum honoring the artists, spouses and workshop attendees
- Celebrate Watercolor Awards Dinner
- Exhibition closes
Questions? Contact Sheryl Fletcher Coon at TWSAExhibition@aol.com