Event Dates: 5/10/18 - 5/9/19
Entry Deadline: 1/14/18
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee ( 14th Annual Sculpture Garden Exhibition): $35.00
The year-long Art On The Green Sculpture Garden Exhibition at the Kemp Center for the Arts is in its 14th year. This is the first year we will be opening the event to juried artwork rather than by invitation.
Artwork is exhibited for 12 months. In addition to installation stipends, there will be three cash prizes awarded by the juror/judge at the time of installation.
All forms of outdoor sculpture will be considered, provided it meets the requirements of the prospectus. The exhibit space surrounds a large public building; artwork will be placed throughout the site at the discretion of the contracted installer and Arts Council staff.
- Sculptures should be garden sized or larger (at least 3 feet in one dimension recommended.) The exhibit space surrounds a large public building with exhibit areas both in open sunlight and shaded by large trees. Artwork will be placed throughout the site at the sole discretion of the contracted installer and Arts Council staff.
- Acceptable media includes metal, stone, ceramic, or any other durable material that will withstand the elements and abuse of an outdoor display. Fragile, dangerous or inappropriate work will not be considered. Please bear in mind that this is a public display in a facility frequently used by children: The Arts Council reserves the right to reject any artwork it deems inappropriate for such display.
- The Arts Council and its affiliates will not be liable for the degradation of objects caused by normal outdoor wear and tear. Installed artwork will be insured for the replacement value stated by the artist, however claims will only be made in extenuating circumstances beyond “normal wear and tear” of outdoor display.
- All photos submitted with the artist's application must represent the current condition of the work.
- Sculptures do not need to be for sale. If artwork is for sale, the Arts Council will receive a 30% commission on all sales, and will collect and process the appropriate sales tax in addition to the sales price. The Arts Council will not provide transportation for sold items.
- Pieces must have the capacity to be attached to ¼” steel plate for installation.
- Artist are responsible for the delivery and pick-up of the work; shipping must be provided and paid for at the artist’s sole expense.
- Sculptures will be on display for approximately 1 year from the installation date in May 2018. Artists will be notified of their pick-up date and time by the installer no less than 30 days prior to removal date in 2019.
- Artists will be provided with an installation stipend totaling $1000 (one thousand), to be paid $500 upon installation and $500 upon pick-up. In addition, the artist will be provided with a hotel room for up to 2 nights during the installation and opening reception.
- In addition to the stipend, three cash awards will be given as determined by the juror/judge: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes ($2500, $1000, $500 respectively). These awards will be made at the time of installation and presented at the opening reception.
- Artists must provide The Arts Council with appropriate information in a timely manner as requested (including but not limited to artist bio/statement, current contact information, artist photo, relevant social media links, etc.)
- Artist will allow The Arts Council and its affiliates to photograph and publish photos and information related to the Artist’s work. Artist will be given recognition of any artwork displayed. Artists agree to include all requested biographical and artwork-related information in the printed and online catalog of the exhibit.
- By applying to the exhibition, the Artist certifies to The Arts Council that they have created and possess unencumbered title to the sculpture(s) they are submitting to the Sculpture Garden Exhibit.
Proposed Timeline (subject to change)
Call For Entries open
October 6, 2017
Call For Entries closed
December 31, 2017
January 15, 2018
Artists contracts signed and returned
February 15, 2018
New Artwork installation
May 10-11, 2018
2018-2019 Sculpture Garden Reception / Awards
May 12, 2018
2018-2019 Artists takedown
May 9-10, 2019