RTD EFR Rail Line Extension- Sky Ridge Station
1600 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80202
Entry Deadline: 10/6/17
Images - Minimum: 6, Maximum: 15
Audio - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 2
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 6, Maximum: 20
View Site Details
The commission amount for the Sky Ridge Station artwork is $100,000.
The Southeast Rail Line, which opened in 2006, was part of the 2001-2006 Transportation Expansion Project (or T-REX) to widen Interstate 25. The extension project will add 2.3 miles to the current line. It encompasses three additional stations, including Kiss-n-Rides at Sky Ridge Avenue near Sky Ridge Medical Center and the future Lone Tree City Center, and roughly 1,300-slot Park-n-Ride at RidgeGate Parkway. Heading south from Lincoln Station, Sky Ridge is the first station on the Southeast (EFR) Rail extension project to Lone Tree.
1. The movement, safety and security of pedestrians is a priority.
2. The artwork will be outside and exposed to the elements. It must be able to withstand the constantly changing weather conditions of Colorado which include wide fluctuations in temperature and intense sunlight.
3. Materials used must be durable and require little or no maintenance.
4. Prior approval for use of electricity is needed.
5. Artwork proposed for any location by the tracks must not violate any of the clearance and safety regulations concerning the overhead electrical wires (that power the trains) or impede with any train operations.
All materials must be submitted in digital format via the Café™ website at www.callforentry.org There is no charge for artists to register and submit entries.
Each application must include:
· Six (6) digital images of relevant work. Accompanying image annotation (in section where you upload images) must list media, size, title, date and a brief description of the artwork if necessary.
Note: Six images are required for the application to be accepted.
· Current resume
· Two professional references
· Optional description of initial ideas for the artwork at this location
September 25, 2017 Call goes out of CAFÉ
October 6, 2017 Call closes at midnight
October 20, 2017 Finalist artists notified and asked to prepare proposals
December 7, 2017 Committee interviews finalists/view proposals
December 11, 2017 Final artist notified of selection
Fall/Winter 2018 Artwork to be installed