Entry Deadline: 11/20/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 15
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 15
Entry Fee (First image): $15.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $5.00
FILMNºRTH is looking for amazing images that evoke "The North." Winter, spring, summer, or fall. Urban, suburban, or rural. Landscapes, people, animals, sports. We don't want to put any limitations on your creativity –– its all up to you! Is it ice fishing on a frozen lake? A majestic stand of pine trees? the dancing Northern Lights? Show us your idea of The North.
Guidelines for the FILMNºRTH Mobile Photography Competition: What is Your Idea of the North?
- Photography must be taken with an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Windows Phones, Android Phone, or Android Tablet.
- Photography must be in its original size ideally not smaller than 2400 pixels on either dimension
- Photography must not be edited or enhanced using a desktop computer, but may be edited only on the mobile device using any combination of Apps.
- Desktop computers may be used ONLY to change file titles, or upload submission via the web.
- Photography must be submitted by the Artist who took the photo.
- Artist retains 100% of Copyright
- Submissions cost: $10 Entry Fee; $5 for each image. All photos will be judged for the competition and displayed in an online gallery. 30 images (selected by competition Judge) will be printed and displayed in FilmNorth’s Marsden/Gustafson Gallery for an exhibition January 4-30, 2018.
- Photography will be judged by acclaimed photographer, Pei Ketron (https://www.instagram.com/pketron/?hl=en).
- Judging is blind (Pei will view submitted images without information on the photographer).
- 1st place: $250
- 2nd place: $150
- 3rd place: $100
- West Photo in Minneapolis, MN will print all work in order to have a uniform mode of display in our Gallery. The Artist may set the sale price for her/his work ($100 minimum, no maximum). If the print is sold, the Artist will receive 50% of the profits (less printing costs).
- If an exhibition print is not sold, we can ship the print to you for a $20 fee; otherwise, the print will become the property of FilmNorth.
- To submit work:
- Create a Call for Entry (CaFÉ) account at https://www.callforentry.org/register_info.php
- Submit images that speak to the competition theme: What is your idea of the North?
- Submissions Open: October 5th, 2017
- Submission Deadline: 11:59pm, November 20th, 2017
- Open to all professional and amateur photographers 18 years or older at the time of entry. Individuals affiliated with FilmNorth, including employees, board members, interns, and their immediate families (children, siblings and spouses), and others living in their households are not eligible for any prize. FilmNorth will determine winners’ eligibility in its sole discretion.
- All entries must be submitted via the upload module (callforentry.org)
- Entries will only be accepted once these rules of entry are agreed to on the Submission Form.
- For more information, complete guidelines, disclaimers, etc. please visit http://myfilmnorth.org/exhibits-screenings/mobile-photography-competition/