The 16th Annual Lone Tree Art Expo
10075 Commons St.
Lone Tree, CO. 80124
Entry Deadline: 9/5/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (The 16th Annual Lone Tree Art Expo): $35.00
The 16th Annual Lone Tree Art Expo is presented by the City of Lone Tree and the Lone Tree Arts Commission. This juried exhibition runs September 28th – November 28th, 2017 at the Lone Tree Arts Center, 10075 Commons Street, Lone Tree, Colorado, 80124.
· Artists are eligible to submit up to three pieces of artwork in the following categories: Painting (oil, acrylic, tempera and encaustic), Drawing (pastel, pencil, and charcoal), Watercolor, Mixed Media and Sculpture.
· The artwork must be original in concept and designed and executed by the artist.
· Dimensions of artwork provided must be the final size of the artwork, including the frame.
· The artwork should be non-offensive to a general audience of all ages.
· Artwork must have been completed within the last two years and not show previously in a Lone Tree art exhibition.
· Artwork must be available for purchase.
· Accepted works of art must remain on display through the duration of the exhibit. They cannot be picked up earlier than the determined pick-up date.
· Three dimensional artwork cannot exceed 15" and not weigh more than 75 pounds.
· Two dimensional media cannot exceed 48", must be a minimum of 12" and cannot weigh more than 35 pounds.
· All work must be dropped off in person, no shipments will be accepted. You or someone you designate must be able to drop-off your work on Tuesday, September 26th between the hours of 7:30am – 10:30am and pick-up your work on Wednesday, November 29th between the hours of 7:30am – 10:30am.
Lone Tree Art Center will be responsible for all decisions regarding acceptability and reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to reject an entry for any reason (subject, condition, etc.).
Painting (oil, acrylic, tempera, encaustic)
Drawing (pastel, pencil, charcoal)
Mixed Media (collage or combination of any media)
Sculpture (cannot exceed 15") no more than 8 will be accepted
*Artists may submit to more than one category using the “Multiple Category Option”. CaFE software only allows artists to submit into one category; therefore artists who would like to submit up to three entries into separate categories, artists must select the “Multiple Category Entry” and provide the actual category (Painting, Drawing, Watercolor, Mixed Media and Sculpture) within the description of the image so that it may be placed in the proper category for jurying.
Artists will receive an email notification from CaFÉ™ stating artwork that is “Invited” or “Not Invited” to the Art Exhibition on September 12th, 2017. (Artists may receive up to two emails as artwork categorized as Invited and Not Invited will appear in separate notifications.)
Artwork must be framed and ready to hang on the Arakawa Hanging System with a taut picture wire on the back (3D excluded). Our hanging system uses a clip in mechanism so anything without a wire or D-rings will not be able to be hung. No exposed glass edges and no saw tooth hangers. Artwork may not exceed 35 pounds. Gallery-wrapped canvas with no exposed staples or tacks will be accepted only if it is properly wired for hanging and all exposed canvas is painted. A label must be attached to the back of artwork identifying artist, title, category and price. Entries not meeting specifications or which are fragile or damaged will not be hung.
Entry and Fees:
Up to three entries may be submitted by an individual. A non-refundable entry fee of $35 is required. Fees may be paid via credit card on CaFÉ™ or check made payable to the City of Lone Tree and mailed to: Lone Tree Arts Center, c/o Art Expo, 10075 Commons Street, Lone Tree, CO, 80124.
Artists must apply via CaFÉ™ by the entry deadline of September 5th, 2017.
Selections for the exhibition are made via callforentry.org (CaFÉ™) from JPEG images. Awards are made by the juror in person and include the final presentation of the artwork. Prize money will be awarded to each winner. Awards include: Best of Show and Commissioner’s Choice award, Painting First Place and Second Place, Drawing First Place and Second Place, Watercolor First Place and Second Place, Mixed Media First Place and Second Place, and Sculpture First Place and Second Place.
The Best of Show and Commissioners’ Choice winner along with First Place category winners will be awarded gallery space at the Lone Tree Arts Center following the Art Expo. Each artist can display 6 original works of art from November 29th – January 3rd. Those works can include what is already in the show or you can chose to bring in all new pieces.
A 20% sales commission will be applied to all sales. Accepted artists may sell bin work at the opening reception ONLY. Artists may provide their own bin or request a bin from the Lone Tree Arts Center prior to the opening reception. Our bins are limited so they will be given out on a first come first serve basis so put your request in early. Artists must bring bin work and a completed list of works to be sold at 5:30 pm on the day of the reception, September 29th, 2017. Art Expo catalogues listing artist contact and sales information will be available to the public throughout the exhibition. Artwork may not be removed by the artist or the purchaser prior to the end of the exhibition.
Insurance and Liability:
Utmost care will be taken of all artwork while on display in the Lone Tree Art Expo. By submitting artwork to the Exhibition, the artist agrees the City of Lone Tree, the Lone Tree Arts Commission and the Lone Tree Arts Center, are in no way responsible for any damage to or theft of any images. Artists are responsible for maintaining their own insurance for their images. Artists must sign a Waiver and Release Form upon artwork drop off.
Questions and Information:
For Art Exhibition questions, read the Frequently Asked Questions page at www.lonetreeartscenter.org/art-show.php. If your questions were not answered, please contact the CaFÉ™ Technical Support team at 303.629.1166 or contact Allissa Dailey at 720.509.1011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.