Entry Deadline: 4/24/18
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 4
Audio - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 2
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 4
Entry Fee (Non-member - THREE: Attleboro Arts Museum National Juried Exhibition – for 1 or 2 entries): $25.00
Entry Fee (Member - THREE: Attleboro Arts Museum National Juried Exhibition – for 1 or 2 entries): $18.00
Admin (Annual Artist Membership, Note: other membership categories are available): $35.00
View Site Details
THREE – A National Juried Exhibition at the Attleboro Arts Museum
Open to all mediums, sizes and interpretations of the number THREE.
Consider: three meals a day; the fading three-ring circus; three strikes – you’re out; three French hens; the Three Musketeers; leaves of three – let it be; a shiny tricycle; a classic triple decker; three-alarm fires … a prime challenge with a magic number.
Six prizes of $100 each will be awarded.
- Each artist may submit up to two different entries
- All mediums & interpretations of THREE from US artists will be juried
- There is no size limit for 2D, however all entries (both 2D & 3D) cannot weigh over 100 lbs each
- Triptychs will be considered one entry
- Work must not have been previously exhibited at the Attleboro Arts Museum
- Each artist may submit a maximum of two different entries
- We will accept ONE jpg for each 2D submission and TWO jpgs with different views for each 3D or installation submission.
- Each file must be named with the title of the piece (example: bermudatriangle.jpg, or for 3D/installation submissions the files should be named, threecheers3D-1.jpg and threecheers3D-2.jpg, showing the different views)
- Audio and video submissions are welcome. If selected, all technology must be supplied by the artist.
- $18 covers payment for up to two entries for Museum members
- $25 covers up to two entries for non-members.
- NOTE: You can join as a member when you pay for your submission(s)
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Tuesday, April 24th at 11:59 PM, Mountain Time (MT)
- Email or hand-delivered entries will not be accepted.
Notification of Decision
- All artists will receive notification of the juror’s decision sent to the email address that they have provided by Thursday, May17th at 7 PM, MT.
- All accepted works will be posted on www.attleboroartsmuseum.org
- All artists are expected to check the in-box of the email that they provided and/or the Museum’s website listing for notification of the juror’s decision. Please no inquiries.
IF YOUR ARTWORK IS ACCEPTED:
Delivery of All Accepted Work
Send to: Attleboro Arts Museum, THREE, 86 Park St., Attleboro, MA, 02703
- To properly record and install all accepted pieces, all work (and detailed hanging instructions, if applicable) must be delivered between May 18th and June 5th, from 10 AM – 3 PM, EST
- We’re closed Sundays & Mondays, and Saturday, May 26th
- We cannot accept your artwork before May 18th or after June 5th
- Accepted work can be either hand-delivered or shipped to the Attleboro Arts Museum
- Installations that require assembly by the artist must be scheduled in advance of delivery by calling 508-222-2644 x11
- You can arrange to send a representative to deliver and/or pick up your artwork for you. NOTE: The Attleboro Arts Museum is not responsible for making these arrangements for exhibiting artists.
- Mark all accepted artwork with the artist’s name, address, city/state/zip, phone, email, title of piece, dimensions (w x h x d), weight (no more than 100 lbs) and sale price (if applicable).
- Download a THREE Loan Agreement and Delivery Checklist from www.attleboroartsmuseum.org and submit with your accepted artwork.
- Artists are responsible for all payments associated with the shipping of their work.
- All shipped work must include: 1) $10 handling fee – per piece, 2) Pre-paid return shipping label, 3) Payment of shipping vendor’s pick-up fee, 4) A photo of your artwork on the outside of your package, 5) A completed THREE Loan Agreement and Delivery Checklist.
- Fees are non-refundable
- Checks payable to Attleboro Arts Museum
- All accepted work must be framed, gallery-wrapped or finished on the edges and ready to hang at delivery with a sturdy wire hanging system.
- See www.attleboroartsmuseum.org/Exhibitions & Events/Framing Guidelines for details.
- We recommend neutral frames and white or off-white mats
- Any pieces that do not match the juror’s decision, or are not the piece that was accepted, will not be installed, and will be returned COD
- All art sales are subject to the Museum’s commission of 30% for Museum members, 40% for non-members
- Work does not need to be for sale
- The Attleboro Arts Museum will insure all work from the date of arrival at the Museum through the stated pick-up dates
- The maximum insurance amount covers up to an artist’s value of $2000, with a $500 deductible payable by the artist
- The Museum is not responsible for loss or damage in shipping, or for insuring art during shipping
- Art left beyond the final pick-up date of July 17th at 3 PM EST, will not be insured
In-person Pick-up of Exhibited Work
- July 13th from 4-5 PM, EST & July 14th and 17th; 10 AM – 3 PM, EST.
- Work left beyond July 17th at 3 PM, EST will be charged $5 per day per piece, payable at late pickup.
Return of Work–Shipped by the Museum
- All work will be packed and shipped by July 19th, 2018
- You must enclose pre-paid shipping labels for the return of your work (that also covers the shipping vendor’s pick-up fee) and a $10 handling fee per piece.
- Checks payable to Attleboro Arts Museum. All fees are non-refundable.
- If you are within driving distance we would appreciate an in-person pick-up