ON THE ROCKS: An Exhibition of Vessels For & Related to Drinking
ATTN: On the Rocks CFE
10125 E Jefferson
Detroit MI 48214
Entry Deadline: 11/12/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 5
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 5
Entry Fee (On the Rocks: An Exhibition of Vessels for and Related to Drinking): $40.00
Detroit’s Pewabic Pottery is pleased to announce “ON THE ROCKS: An Exhibition of Vessels For & Related to Drinking” juried by Pete Pinnell
Submission Deadline: November 12, 2017
2. Artists may submit up to 5 (five) original works made primarily of clay within the past three years for consideration. Works may include cups, mugs, tumblers, goblets, steins, bottles, flasks and jugs; all works must be functional and food safe.
3. All works must be available for sale and available throughout the exhibition; substitutions for accepted work will not be allowed. Artists shall receive 50% commission on sales.
4. Artists may submit one image (or one composite image) of each work. Image must be labeled "LastName_FirstInitial_Entry#." For example, “Smith_J_1.jpg” Images will be accepted in JPG format only, minimum 1920 pixels on longest side, maximum 5.0 MB.
5. Works entered must not exceed 18” in any direction. Works must be stable and exhibition-ready so as to not cause damage to the work or that of others when shipped, displayed or handled with reasonable care. Please include title, date, medium and dimensions.
6. Artists are responsible for delivery/shipping of selected work(s) to and from Pewabic as well as insuring work(s) in transit. Work(s) must be delivered January 3 – 10, 2018. Pewabic shall insure work(s) on site. Works not sold will be available for pick-up after March 10, 2018; prepaid return shipping shall commence by March 12, 2018.
7. The inclusion of an artist's statement and/or resumé is optional but encouraged. Reproducible images and artists' biographical information may be used in promotional materials including social media.
Pinnell's work has appeared throughout the U.S., and in the Netherlands, South Africa, Japan, China, New Zealand and Australia. Images of his work have appeared in many noted ceramic books, Clay Times magazine, Ceramics Monthly, Studio Potter, and Purple Sand, a Taiwanese ceramics journal. An in-depth article about his work appeared in Ceramics: Art and Perception, a noted Australian magazine, in 2001. In March 2001 he was a featured artist at the NCECA national conference, where he spoke and demonstrated. He has also been an active writer on ceramic art, with articles in American and Australian ceramic journals, and a regular column, "As far as I know...," which appears in Clay Times magazine.