Entry Deadline: 10/3/17
Images - Minimum: 4, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 4, Maximum: 10
Entry Fee (Holiday Art Show & Gift Shop- Center for the Arts Evergreen): $25.00
CALL FOR ART
Holiday Show and Gift Shop
November 18 through December 26, 2017
Opening Reception: November 17, 4:00 – 7:00 pm
Online Entry Deadline: October 3, 2017
The Center for the Arts Evergreen (CAE) is pleased to present the 15th Annual Holiday Show and Gift Shop in our brand new facility at 1318 County Road 65 in Evergreen. CAE features unique, handmade gift and holiday items from local and regional artists in a cohesive, mixed retail display. The new facility will accommodate a bigger and better space for this holiday shopping experience, which means more artists and more items can be included. During the Holiday Show and Gift Shop, CAE will alter gallery hours to be open Monday – Saturday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm with extended hours to 7:00 pm on Wednesdays to allow for more shoppers.
We are seeking handmade items in all media suitable for holiday shopping: ceramics, digital art, edibles, fiber, glass, holiday-themed items, jewelry, metal, mixed-media, painting in all media, paper, photography, printmaking, and wood. All artwork on the premises is covered by CAE’s insurance policy. The top 5 sellers from the 2016 Holiday Show and Gift Shop will be automatically invited to participate in the 2017 show via email by July 31, 2017.
All proceeds benefit local artists and CAE, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization.
- Mail In Entry Deadline: Friday, September 29 (must be received)
- Online Entry Deadline: Tuesday, October 3 (www.callforentry.org)
- Notification (by email): Wednesday, October 11
- Deadline for Artist Contracts and Inventories: Monday, November 6
- Artwork Delivery: Wednesday-Friday, November 8, 9, & 10, 10am-4pm
- Opening Reception: Friday, November 17, 4-7pm
- Holiday Show and Gift Shop Dates: November 18 – December 26, 2017
- Artwork Pick-Up: Wednesday-Friday, December 27, 28, & 29, 10am-4pm
- Commission Checks Mailed: January 31, 2018 (no partial or early payments)
- Artists must reside in Colorado.
- All work must be original and handmade by the artist. Commercially manufactured components, commercial patterns and molds of any type will not be accepted (i.e. assembly of pre-made holiday crafts, purchased kits, etc.).
- Accepted work must be exhibit-ready. 2D artwork must have wire for hanging.
- Items not meeting CAE’s criteria or standard will be returned to the artist immediately.
Acceptance and Artwork Delivery
- CAE will evaluate the artist’s body of work rather than by individual works of art; you could be accepted for one type of item and not for another. The images submitted for jury should accurately represent the variety of the artwork you would like to sell.
- CAE will send notifications to all applicants via e-mail by October 11, 2017.
- CAE will send accepted artists detailed information regarding delivery and pick up and a template for submitting inventory electronically.
- All work must be delivered to CAE November 8-10, 2017, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm by appointment only.
- At time of delivery, artists will be required to ensure their artwork has legible price tags with a unique inventory number and the price. Artists must provide their own price tags.
- All items are merchandised together into one retail experience. CAE staff handles the installation and display of all artwork.
- CAE collects money and sales tax on all items sold.
- Artists receive a 50% commission on all sales. Artists who complete 8 hours of volunteering during the show will receive a 60% commission on all sales. A limited number of volunteer positions will be available.
- Any discounts or sales offered during the exhibition will be taken from CAE’s commission only.
- Artists will have an opportunity to bring in replacements as items sell. The curator will notify each artist when replacements are needed.
How to Enter
PREPARE YOUR IMAGES (you may submit 5-10 images):
- File format: JPG/JPEG only
- File size: 3 MB maximum
- Ensure your image is properly oriented (vertical or horizontal)
- No digital enhancement to the image is allowed
- It is in your best interest to submit a high resolution, high quality image
CAE encourages all entrants to review the instructions and tutorials for formatting images and entering before beginning the actual entry process. The following are tools available to help format digital entries:
ENTERING THROUGH CAFE:
- Prepare your digital image before you apply through www.callforentry.org
- Pay the non-refundable entry fee of $25 (mail in entries are $35)
- Images submitted may be used for publicity and/or educational purposes
- For technical assistance with your entry, please see www.callforentry.org/cafehelp.phtml or contact email@example.com directly (CAE cannot provide technical assistance for CaFE)
COMMUNICATIONS & NOTIFICATIONS
Correspondence and notifications with entrants will be done via email. Please make sure that your contact information is correct. If you do not have an email address, it is advised that you create one before you enter. For further inquires, contact Becky Guy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.