Tampa Bay Lightning 6th Annual Call for Entry
Entry Deadline: 9/7/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
In the exhibit’s first five years, we have proudly displayed over 200 local pieces of art for the Arena’s estimated 1.5 million annual visitors…this exhibition has not only brought tremendous awareness to the talent of our local emerging artists but it has also directly benefitted the artists as all art is for sale, with proceeds directly going to the artist. Each year, we have received hundreds of submissions from which to choose from, and we are excited that we will again be joined by representatives from the Tampa Museum of Art, Museum of Fine Arts, the Ringling Museum of Art and the Dali Museum to help us select the winning pieces.
We're excited to display art that visually celebrates Tampa Bay and its people so that our building can exude the vibrancy and energy of the community. Please feel free to be creative and depict anything and everything that inspires you locally….and if you are able to weave in the love of hockey, even better! We welcome artists of all ages, and this year have created a special category for artists under 18 years of age.
The unveiling and reception will be held in late September to early October 2016.
• April 5, 2017 – Website open for submission
• September 7, 2017 – All submissions due
• September 23, 2017 – Artists will be notified on or before September 23rd of acceptance into the Exhibition
• Artists must live/work in the greater Tampa Bay area.
• Each artist may submit up to three (3) fully completed works of art.
• Artwork must be original. All mediums are welcome, excluding free-standing sculpture
• Size restrictions: All hanging artwork shall be no larger than 6’x6’ (including frame). Wall-hanging sculpture is limited to 7’ tall with varying widths accepted.
ACCEPTABLE MEDIUMS INCLUDE:
Top three artists overall - $1,000 each
Honorable Mention(4-10) - $250 each
Top three artists under age 18 - $250 each