Fresh Ideas 2017
Visual Art League of Lewisville
Medical City of Lewisville Grand Theater
100 North Charles St.
Lewisville TX 75057
Entry Deadline: 6/30/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee ( Non Member- Fresh Ideas 2016): $50.00
Entry Fee (VAL Member- Fresh Ideas 2016): $35.00
View Site Details
The Visual Art League of Lewisville (“VAL”) Texas is pleased to announce a call for entries for the Fresh Ideas 2017 juried show to be held at the Medical City of Lewisville Grand Theater art gallery in Lewisville, Texas from August 5th through September 9th, 2017.
Fresh Ideas 2017 is the latest version of VAL’s prestigious juried exhibitions of new art works that represent current trends in modern art. Shown in the beautiful 2,000 sq ft Medical City of Lewisville Grand Theater art gallery (see http://www.mclgrand.com and http://visualartleague.org/about), Fresh Ideas includes regional artists who bring exceptional vitality to the Visual Art League’s exhibition series.
The exhibition is open to all visual artists who reside in Texas and contiguous states (Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico). The non-refundable entry fee is $50 for non-members of VAL and $35 for VAL members for a maximum of three (3) pieces of work. Membership forms to join VAL can be found at
Only original 2D and 3D art work (oil, watercolors, acrylics, pastel, mixed media, collage, drawing, prints, photography, ceramics, textiles, fiber, encaustic, jewelry and sculpture) created in the last two (2) years which has not previously been shown in any VAL juried exhibit will be considered for inclusion in the show. Original means works conceived and created by the artist and not created in a classroom setting. The maximum size of entries into this year’s competition is 50” x 50” including the frame. All 3D artwork must be able to sit on a pedestal no larger than 20” x 14”” or on the floor. Artists may submit up to three (3) pieces for consideration. Submissions of entries into the show will be via callforentry.ort(https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=4341) and must meet the requirements of that site for size and type of image that is accepted.
• 1st Place Winner will receive a cash prize of $1,000 and a solo show in summer 2018 at the MCL Grand art gallery in Lewisville.
• 2nd Place $500
• 3rd Place $250
• Two Honorable Mentions $150 each
• People’s Choice Award $100
· Saturday, July 22nd. Artists notified of acceptance into the exhibition
· Saturday, July 29th: Accepted entries due at MCL Grand (shipping/mailing address: Visual Art League, Medical City of Lewisville Theater, 100 North Charles St., Lewisville TX 75057, classroom 2) between 1:00 – 5:00 pm
· Saturday, August 5th: Opening Reception 7:00 – 9:00 pm, Award Ceremony 8:00 pm, MCL Grand art gallery
· Saturday, September 9th: Final day of Exhibit
· Saturday, September 9th 5:00 – 6:00 pm and Monday September 11th 1:00 to 3:00, Pick up entries
· Week of September 11th, 2016 – Return of shipped artwork
Christopher Blay is an Instructional Associate and Curator at Tarrant County College Southeast. He earned a BFA in 2003 from Texas Christian University in studio art with an emphasis on photography. Mr. Blay has worked as a teaching at the Nasher Sculptural Center, and exhibited at Centraltrak in Dallas, the South Dallas Cultural Center, 500 X Gallery in Dallas, and several other galleries in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. He is currently a Teaching Artist at the Rachovsky Warehouse in Dallas, has extensive publishing and judging experience and is also currently in the Dallas Museum of Art Visiting artist program. Additional information about him can be found at http://blayblogger.blogspot.com.