National Juried Exhibition
Mable House Arts Center
5239 Floyd Rd
Mableton, GA 30126
Event Dates: 8/14/17 - 9/20/17
Entry Deadline: 6/2/17
Days remaining to deadline: 4
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 9
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 9
Entry Fee (National Juried Exhibition): $35.00
The South Cobb Arts Alliance (SCAA) is pleased to present our 30th National Juried Exhibition. The SCAA has been promoting the arts in Metro Atlanta since 1972. Our state-of-the-art gallery is located at the Mable House Arts Center, 5239 Floyd Rd SW, Mableton, GA 30126.
Supported in part by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts. To find out more about how National Endowment for the Arts grants impact individuals and communities, visit www.arts.gov.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY - NO MORE THAN THREE ENTRIES.
ELIGIBILITY & MEDIA:
• Open to artists 18 or older and residing in the U.S.
• Original work not previously shown with SCAA and completed within the last two years.
• 2-D including acrylic, color pencil, encaustic, mixed media (including collage), oil, soft or oil pastel, pen & ink, photography, printmaking (but excluding all print reproductions such as Giclee), watercolor. Work must be no larger than 48” by 48” or smaller than 11" x 14" (including mat and frame), weigh no more than 25 lbs., be properly framed or gallery wrapped, and wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers, single nail clips, or clip frames. Artwork normally framed under glass is acceptable on hand-delivered items ONLY; plexiglas is required on all shipped work.
• 3-D sculpture including clay, fiber, glass, metal, plaster, stone, wood, as well as other materials. Artwork must not exceed 45 pounds and 36” in any direction.
• SCAA reserves the right to disqualify any work not suitably presented or that varies from the submitted image.
JUROR & PRIZE JUDGE
SCAA is honored to have Joe Remillard as our juror and prize judge. He is a full professor of drawing and painting at Kennesaw State University, located north of Atlanta and represented by Mason Fine Arts in Atlanta. He has been selected as a Finalist in the ARC Annual Salon and his work has been featured on the cover of International Artist Magazine. http://www.joeremillard.com/
Awards include $1000 First Prize, $500 Second Prize, $250 Third Prize, and two $125 Awards of Excellence. Awards will be given at the discretion of, and as designated by, the juror. The juror’s decision is final. Exhibiting artists will receive a catalog at the close of the exhibition.
• Entry forms, images, and fees deadline: Friday, June 2, 11:59 pm MT
• Notice of acceptance/rejection emailed: Friday, June 30, midnight ET
• Hand-delivered work: Thursday, July 27, 11 – 4 pm ET
• Shipped works must arrive by Monday, July 24, 5 pm ET
• Exhibit opens to the public August 14
• Reception and Awards Ceremony August 19, 5 pm to 7 pm ET
• Last public day of exhibition: Wednesday, September 20, 5 pm ET
• Pick-up work (no work is released before end of show): Thursday, September 21, 11 - 4 pm ET.
• Shipped works will be returned: Thursday, September 21 – Friday, September 22
HOW TO ENTER
The nonrefundable entry fee is $35 for up to three works. Diptychs and triptychs are considered one work. Works are juried by digital image only. Each 2-D work may be represented by one digital image. Each 3-D work may be represented by up to three separate digital images.
Online entry is required for this exhibition. We are unable to accept postal service or hand-delivered entry forms or images. However, you may elect to mail a check for the entry fee instead of paying via credit card.
SALES & COMMISSION
Every effort is made to promote sales. SCAA retains a 25% commission and adds a 6% sales tax to the price of each work that sells. Sold works are to remain in the exhibition until its official closing date.
DELIVERY AND SHIPPING
• Hand-delivered work will be accepted on July 27, 11 – 4 pm ET at Mable House Art Center, 5239 Floyd Rd., Mableton, GA 30126.
• Shipping artwork to and from the exhibit is the responsibility of the artist. All shipped work must be prepaid by the artist including return labels enclosed with the shipped work. Detailed shipping instructions will be included in the selection notification email.