Entry Deadline: 4/15/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
Entry Fee (Dayton Visual Arts Center Sinclair Community College HS Building): $10.00
Sinclair Call for Art
Deadline: April 15
APPLICATION FEE: Free for Current DVAC Members; $10 for non-Members
CURRENT DVAC MEMBERS: Email Gallery Manager at email@example.com or call 937/224.3822 for DVAC Member Waiver Code you need to input at check-out
TO BECOME A DVAC MEMBER and receive exhibition and sales opportunities all year long, go to daytonvisualarts.org and click “Join/Support”
DVAC, in partnership with Sinclair Community College, is seeking artwork for the new Health Sciences Building at Sinclair Community College, downtown Dayton, OH.
The artwork will be prominently displayed throughout the building as part of Sinclair’s commitment to involving local artists in beautifying its campus. The artwork will be expected to celebrate the spirit of the Health, Vitality and Bounty and exemplify the unique identity of the college and its surroundings.
· Any amateur or professional artist or designer ages 18 and older is eligible to apply. Artists under the age of 18 may apply if they are part of a team of artists or a collective with at least one member 18 or older
· Applicant must have primary residence within a 40-mile radius of downtown Dayton, OH
· Artists must be the maker, designer, creator and producer of the work.
· Submission images should exemplify representative works, but do not need to include prospective proposal design.
· Current resume/ curriculum vita
· 5-10 images of recently completed work that exemplifies one or more of the themes. Each image can be no larger than 5 MB (CaFE standards)
· An annotated information sheet with title, date, media and estimated market value* and brief description of project in each image. *DVAC staff is available to advise on market value.
Up to 30 works of art will be selected to purchase. DVAC will retain sales commission of industry standard of 40%. The artist will deliver work to DVAC and the general contractor of the Sinclair site, along with the guidance of DVAC and the artist, will install artwork.)
Subject to the terms and conditions of an Artist Agreement entered into between Sinclair and the Artist, Sinclair will own the artwork and copyright to the image.
Deadline: April 15
Artists Notified: May 12
Artwork ready for Installation: June 1