City of El Paso Art Windows
Museums and Cultural Affairs Department
400 W. San Antonio Ste. A
El Paso, TX 79901
Entry Deadline: 3/31/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 6
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 6
CITY OF EL PASO ART WINDOWS
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
The City of El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department (MCAD) in collaboration with El Paso International Airport (EPIA) seek to establish a pool of artists or artist teams from the Greater El Paso area for consideration in upcoming exhibits for Art Windows. The Art Windows program will introduce artists to our community and provide them with valuable exposure and gallery space for temporary exhibitions.
Art Windows provides an exhibit space for local artists to display their work for a three month period. The designated space is intended to showcase El Paso as an international cultural destination through high quality art and visual experiences.
Applicants must be an independent artist or artist team 18 and over residing in the Greater El Paso area which includes Las Cruces, New Mexico and Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico.
Applications must be submitted using the Call for Entry (CAFÉ) online application system managed by the Western States Arts Federation (WESTAF). Artists will be required to create a username and password and set up a personal account, free of charge, at www.callforentry.org. Following successful set up, all interested applicants will be granted full access to our detailed application; simply click on “Apply to Calls” and click on “City of El Paso Art Windows 2017-2018.” Your account information, including your resume, letter of interest, and images will be archived and saved for your convenience and easy access when applying to future calls using CAFÉ.
· Letter of Interest: briefly describe your interest and qualifications for this project.
· Current Resume: outline your experience as an artist. Artist teams must submit a resume for each member.
· Six (6) images of completed past artworks. Including: title of work, dimensions, medium, year of completion, a three (3) sentence description, and value or budget amount for works of art for insurance purposes. If applying as a team, only six (6) images can be submitted to CaFE.
· Images must be sized to the following dimensions (as required by the CAFÉ online application system)
o Dimensions: 1920 pixels horizontal by 1920 pixels vertical
o File Format: Baseline JPEG (do not use progressive JPEG format)
o Compression: Please size each image to be no more than 1.8 MB in file size. On average, each image will be roughly 1.2 MB. Larger is not necessarily better. Please discuss image preparation with a professional to determine if compression for images of artwork is needed. JPEG images cannot be saved as progressive JPEG files. Progressive JPEG files will appear on the CAFÉ Web site, but will not display properly during the jury process.
o File Name: CAFÉ will automatically rename files
* Please Note that Art Windows at EPIA only exhibits artwork and does not promote or facilitate the sale of artwork in any of its public exhibits.
An artist selection panel will review all applications submitted and select a number of artists to have their artwork on temporary exhibit at EPIA.
Selection of work is based foremost upon artistic excellence. The panel considers geographic and cultural diversity, as well as variety of genres and media. The feasibility of the proposal will be considered; images and supporting materials should represent the artist’s ability to carry out the proposed exhibition.
1. Selected artists will be solely responsible for the transportation of their work, to and from the gallery, and any related costs. Artwork must be properly matted, wired, framed, and ready to install. Framed art requiring glazing must be fitted with acrylic.
2. The Airport Gallery Coordinator will be responsible for exhibit design, installation and lighting of the artwork. All written Artist statements may be edited for length and content. Artwork requiring pedestals or risers will be selected and provided by the Airport Gallery coordinator.
3. The Airport Gallery Coordinator will be responsible for invitations, receptions, and press releases.
4. Please note that Artists will not receive any compensation for exhibiting.