3rd Annual Dirty South Cup Call & Competition
River Oaks Square Arts Center
1330 Second St.
Alexandria, LA 71301
Event Dates: 4/8/17 - 5/28/17
Entry Deadline: 2/17/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 4
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 4
Entry Fee (River Oaks Cup Call & Competition): $25.00
View Site Details
Give us your best mug, cup or tea bowl!
• Entry Fee: $25 per artist, up to three entries (credit cards)
• Work may not be larger than 7” x 7” x 7”. Mugs, Cups and Tea Bowls Accepted.
• Open to all artists working in the medium of clay, residing in the United States.
• Functional & Non-functional, traditional and non-traditional pieces accepted
• All work must be for sale. No single work may exceed $350 in value. Artists will pay a 30% commission to the Gallery on all sales.
• Artist responsible for shipping/insurance cost to/from the Gallery. All work must include a Return LABEL for return shipment. Weight Limit 15 lbs. River Oaks is not responsible for any damage during shipment.
• Digital entry only, JPEG format, 5MB maximum. Click here for supported image format.
• River Oaks will be utilizing the CallforEntry.org™, also known as CaFÉ™, an online application and adjudication system for exhibits and more. Go to www.CallforEntry.org to complete your application form.
• River Oaks Square Arts Center reserves the right to photograph exhibited work and use these or the artists digital images for reproduction in both printed and electronic materials for publicity.
• Entry free must be paid at the time of application submission.
Guest Juror: Matt Long
First Prize $500
Juror’s Choice: 4 awards, $125 each
“Exhibiting Artist” designation: In addition to the monetary award winners, the top 20 artists will be considered for spots as “exhibiting artists” in future invitational shows hosted by ROSAC.
Please complete and submit images to CaFE with credit card payment information.
• Works will be insured for 50% of the stated value from the time of delivery to the end of the exhibition
River Oaks Arts Center
River Oaks Square is a contemporary visual arts and fine crafts center made up of resident artists working with a variety of media. In 1979, the Bolton Family donated their family home to the City of Alexandria in an agreement it would be used solely for the arts. The Bolton Home became the catalyst for the establishment of River Oaks Square Arts Center. Circa 1899, the house is exemplary of Queen Anne Revival Architect in Louisiana and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. After renovations to the Home, River Oaks opened its’ doors in 1984 to meet the needs of the community which it serves.
River Oaks 3rd Annual
Dirty South Cup Call & Competition Calendar
February 17, 2017 - Deadline to enter
March 1, 2017 - Acceptance notification
March 17, 2017 - Delivery of work, no later than 5pm
June 16, 2017 - Return of artwork
Calendar of Events Related to the Exhibition
Exhibition Dates: April 7 - May 27, 2017
April19 & 20, Workshop/Classes with Guest Juror, Matt Long
April 21, 2017 Handbuilding Workshop With WangLing Chou 10-2 (FCFS)
April 21,2017 5-8 p.m. Opening Reception/Award Announcement/Juror Remarks
Matt Long Ceramic Workshop
Wednesday, April 19 & Thursday, April 20
10 a.m. - 4 p.m. (Mid-day Break for lunch)
$95 per person (Two day class)
Class is Limited - FCFSB
To register, call 318.473.2670
Look for additional ceramic demonstrations during this weeklong mug call event!