Entry Deadline: 3/1/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Entry Fee (Red River Watercolor Society National Show): $35.00
Admin (Optional membership fee ($10 entry discount applied)): $15.00
RED RIVER WATERCOLOR 24TH ANNUAL NATIONAL WATERMEDIA EXHIBITION
June19th through August 5th, 2017 at The Hjemkomst Center; Moorhead, MN
EXHIBITION JUROR/ WORKSHOP INSTRUCTOR: Andy Evansen, AWS, PAPA, NWWS, RRWS
- Merit (5) $100
- Red River Regional Award $500
- High Water Award $500
- Excellence $500
- Bronze $750
- Silver $1000
- Gold $1250
2017 CALENDAR n
- MARCH 1......Deadline for Entry (Online & Postmarked)
- APRIL 3..........Notification of Invited or Not Invited
- MAY 22-26....Shipped Paintings Due
- JUNE 11.........Hand Delivery of Paintings
- JUNE 19.........Exhibition Opens
- JUNE 19-23....Workshop with Juror Andy Evansen
- JUNE 20.........Opening Reception 5:30-8:00pm, Awards Presentation 7:00 pm (Public Invited/ Free Admission)
- AUGUST 5.......Last Day of Exhibition
- AUGUST 6........Pick-up of Hand-delivered Painting, Shipped Paintings Prepared for Return
PLEASE READ COMPLETELY! ONLY Water Media as described below in Eligibility, Entry Requirements and Other Important Information.
- Open to all artists 18-years of age or older, working in two-dimensional water-soluble media (watercolor, gouache, casein, egg tempera and acrylic) on a single piece of paper - canvas is not acceptable.
- All entries must be on a single piece of paper or Yupo, and must be matted and framed (see below).
- No pastels, oil pastels, water-based oils, prints, digital images or reproductions. Any collage elements used must be less than 10% of total surface and must be artist’s own creation on paper.
- ORIGINAL WORK ONLY. No supervision, class work, no copies of other artists’ work, no work from photographs not created by the artist.
- Paintings must have been completed within the last two years and not previously exhibited in RRWS National Exhibitions.
- Minimum IMAGE size excluding matt: 108 square inches (e.g., 9 x 12, 8 x 14, etc.).Maximum FRAMED size: 60 inches in either direction.
No requirement to enter the Exhibition in order to register for workshop with Andy Evansen. See below for further information and registration form or click here.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS - FEES, DIGITAL IMAGE PREPARATION
· $25/ up to two paintings for RRWS members using $10 discount member code
· $50/ for RRWS membership and up to two paintings ($25 for member entry and $25 for membership) option at checkout.
· Only one painting per artist can be juried into the show.
· All images are to be submitted in jpg format, 72 ppi/dpi and be no smaller than 1920 pixels on the longest side. Maximum image file size is 5 MB. Digital images should be properly oriented.
· No digital enhancement allowed. Show image only, no frame or mat.
· For help with preparing digital images, go to https://www.callforentry.org/image_prep.phtml or http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-jpg to resize.
· If you DO NOT wish to enter through the CaFE website, go to redriverws.org to download prospectus and entry form/instructions.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ACCEPTED WORK
- Artist will provide a 300 ppi resolution image of accepted painting via email as directed in notification, for catalog and publicity print requirements.
- Painting must be framed simply, suitably wired for hanging and under plexiglass; use only white or pale neutral mats.
- Instructions for shipping will be sent via email (or self-addressed stamped envelope included with entry).
- Handling fees: $15/ hand-delivery, $30/ shipped paintings, payable by check or money order and included with shipped/ delivered painting.
- A 30% donation to RRWS is requested on sales.
- Accepted painting must not be changed from the submitted digital entry, nor may paintings be withdrawn, or artist is banned from entering RRWS Exhibition for two years.
About the website and how it operates - contact café.
About the exhibition - contact Exhibition Chair: Debra Griffey, RRWS: email@example.com
About entering - contact Assistant Chair: Diane Harrison, RRWS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership Code; check your RRWS Newletter, email blast, or email email@example.com
Andy Evanson Workshop - contact: Workshop Chair, Michelle Roise, RRWS, firstname.lastname@example.org
RRWS MEMBERSHIP (Optional)
· $25 annual calendar-year membership is based on the calendar year (January-December).
· Artists may join at the same time as entry submission to the Exhibition.
· SIGNATURE STATUS, signified by the letters RRWS, is awarded for acceptance in RRWS Exhibition three times over a 10-year period. Continuous paid membership is required (can be paid retroactively).
· Additional membership benefits can be reviewed at redriverws.org
FIVE DAY WORKSHOP
Juror/ Instructor: Andy Evansen, AWS, PAPA (Plein Air Painters of America), NWWS, RRWS
Andy's workshop will focus on using value studies from the out-set to identify the large shapes in a scene. These large shapes pro-vide the artist with opportunities for lost edges when painting in color.
Red River Watercolor Society is proud to be supported by the North Dakota Council on the Arts and the Historical & Cultural Society of Clay County
- June 19-23, 2017 9am - 4pm
- Members $350 Non-members $395
- Early Booking fee of $300 for members if paid in full by April 1, 2015.
- For more information on exhibition, workshop, or to print out complete prospectus, CLICK HERE
- Cancellation fee of $100. No refunds after June 1, 2017
- Workshop information: redriverws.org or Michelle Roise, email@example.com
for the 24th Annual National Watermedia Exhibition.