Entry Deadline: 3/20/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 10
Entry Fee (A Flat of Eggs): $10.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $10.00
“A Flat of Eggs” is a regional juried exhibition of original artwork exploring the art of the egg. In partnership with Colorado Egg Producers, the exhibition is open to Colorado artists at least 18 years of age. All forms of ‘egg related’ artwork are eligible. 2-D artwork must be framed and ready to hang. Any 3-D work must include instructions for display.
Exhibition Dates: April 26 - June 16, 2017
Deadline to Enter: March 20, 2017
Juror: Rachel Basye, Executive Director at ASLD
- All submissions must be made online via CAFÉ at www.callforentry.org
- Each piece submitted requires a $10 entry fee.
- Work must have been completed in the last two years (2015 - present).
- Submissions may include a maximum of two images per piece.
- Work must be original artwork that is ‘egg related’ or celebrates the art of the egg including: Fabergé inspired designs, egg tempera, creating a ceramic egg platter, or simply incorporating an image of an egg into your work.
- Accepted 2-D work must be framed and ready to hang. Accepted 3-D work must include installation instructions.
- All artwork entered must be for sale. The artist receives 60% of the sale price.
- Sale proceeds will be paid to the artist within 30 days of the end of the exhibition.
- By submitting artwork, the artist agrees that images of selected artwork and the submitted text can be used by ASLD for promotions and publications. Low resolution images (smaller than 300 dpi) are not guaranteed to be included in the printed promotional materials associated with the exhibit.
- Artists will be notified of their selection via email no later than March 27, 2017
- All shipping and shipping insurance costs to and from the gallery are the responsibility of the artist.
- Shipping instructions will be sent to accepted artists at the time of notification of acceptance.
- ASLD reserves the right not to exhibit any piece that does not reasonably match the work presented in the entry, which arrives damaged, is not properly prepared for exhibition, or is deemed too fragile for effective display.
- Deadline for entry: 3/20/2017
- Notification of accepted artworks: 3/27/2017, via email
- Deadline to deliver work: 4/24/2017
- Exhibit Opens: 4/28/2017
- Opening Reception: 5/19/17, 5:30 – 8pm. Announcement of awards.
- Exhibit Closes: 6/16/17
- Work returned to artists: Week of 6/19/17
About the Juror: Since 2012, Rachel Basye has been the Executive Director at the Art Students League of Denver, an art community where people of all abilities are guided by professional artists to reach their highest potential. Prior to her current position, she worked at the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority. Ms. Basye is also a practicing artist in printmaking and book arts.
Art Students League of Denver framing parameters:
Wired pieces only. NO sawtooth hangers. NO plastic frames. Black or Neutral toned only. All framed artwork that does not meet specifications will be subjected to be discluded at curator’s discretion.
Responsibility for Loss or Damage:
Artwork is insured for 60% of its retail value against theft or total loss while on premises. Works may be excluded if their stated value exceeds coverage limits or if deemed too fragile to exhibit.
Freight and Insurance:
The artist is responsible for freight and insurance on the work to and from Art Students League of Denver. When you ship your piece(s) for the exhibit, you must also include a pre-paid UPS or FedEx return shipping label for the return shipping of your piece(s). If no return shipping label is enclosed, this returns can’t be guaranteed. Pieces not sold during the exhibit will be returned in their original packaging. Details regarding packaging requirements will be provided with the acceptance letter. Local artists may arrange to hand-deliver and pick up accepted work.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Robin Whatley, exhibits curator, Art Students League of Denver, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-638-7236.