Entry Deadline: 6/30/16
Images - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 6
Video - Minimum: 0, Maximum: 1
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 6
The California Community Foundation (CCF) awards one-year fellowships to outstanding Los Angeles based artists working in the visual arts through the CCF Fellowship for Visual Artists. The Fellowships for Visual Artists is a unique opportunity for artists because it is an investment in an artist’s career rather than in a particular project. The funding is unrestricted and up to the artist's discretion on how the funds will be spent. Must be a resident of Los Angeles County to apply.
- Must be working in the visual arts (e.g., painting, drawing, photography, printmaking, sculpture, installation, experimental film and video, interdisciplinary/mixed media or performance art in which visual art must be a significant and integral component). Artists whose primary practice is performing or media arts (e.g., music, dance, acting, film, video, or moving animation) are not eligible.
- Must be visual artist with at least five (5) years or more years of active professional experience in their field. Artists must have documented exhibition history, publications or other significant proof of professional accomplishments including documented professional work or exhibition history in Los Angeles County.
- Must be a full-time resident of Los Angeles County for at least the last five (5) consecutive years prior to the application deadline. Full-time resident is defined as being physically present in Los Angeles County 9 months per year of residency.
- Must be at least 25 years old in age
- Individuals that are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Individuals who live outside of LA County
- Individual artists whose submitted resumes do not adequately demonstrate the required 5 years of professional experience
- Individuals who have previously received a CCF Fellowship
- California Community Foundation employees and their immediate family members