Event Dates: 3/22/17 - 4/5/17
Entry Deadline: 2/15/17
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (45th International Art Show): $40.00
$4,500 in PRIZES.
All artists 17 & older are welcome to submit their works. All works must be original of the artist submitting the entry, no copies of other artist works or published photographs.
DEADLINE AND FEES:
Midnight (Central Time) February 15, 2017 for digital submission. The fee is forty US dollars ($40) up to 3 art works. The entry fees are non-refundable.
Please send your submission via www.callforentry.org
CATEGORIES, CONDITIONS AND RULES:
1. Painting (oil and acrylic); 2. Pastel; 3. Drawing (including pen & ink, pencil, colored pencil, and charcoal); 4. Water Media (watercolor, gouache, and acrylic under glass); 5. Mix Media (including collage); 6. Printmaking (including etching, woodcuts, monograph, lithograph, and aquatint); 7. 3 D Sculpture (including relief & in the round, jewelry and pottery); 8. Photography; 9. Digital Media (including enhanced photography).
All wall art must be framed, equipped with d-rings or wire, and ready for hanging; wire in good condition. Mats neatly cut and clean; canvas edges cleaned or neatly painted; NO SAW TOOTH HANGERS; Three-dimensional works must be stable and ready for presentation. Artist may not substitute another work for the accepted work. The BMFA reserves the right to replace entries in proper categories when they have been designated in the wrong category and to not display works if they are not presented in the format specified or if the physical work vastly differs from the submitted image.
All art must be for sale and the BMFA will require 30% of the sale price for any sale that was direct result of the exhibition. By submitting work to be considered, artist grant permission to the BMFA to reproduce accepted artwork for promotional uses in both printed and electronic forms.
All work must be shipped in reusable containers with a prepaid return-shipping label via UPS, FEDEX or USPS. Artist must be responsible for transporting and installing any sculpture exceeding 4’ x 5’ or over 200 lbs. All accepted works must be available for the entire duration of the exhibition. Artists are responsible for their own shipping costs. Artists hand-delivering works must do so between March 15 – 18, 2017.
SELECTIONS & AWARDS:
- BEST OF SHOW: $1500
- CLARA ELY AWARD: $500 limited to water media, oils and acrylic
- OCTAVIA ARNESON AWARD: $500 limited to water media
- MAYOR’S AWARD: Commemorative Plate
- FIRST PLACE: in each of nine categories $150
- SECOND PLACE: in each of nine categories, $50
- THIRD PLACE: in each of nine categories, $25
- HONORABLE MENTIONS: Ribbons
- February 15, 2017: Entry Submission Deadline
- February 16 - 22, 2017: Notification of Acceptance
- February 27, 2017: Begins Reception Tickets Sale $15 ea. (Buffet style dinner include)
- March 15 – 18, 2017: Work that will be hand-delivered should be delivered between these dates during museum hours
- March 22, 2017: 45th International Art Show Opening Reception at 6pm
- March 23, 2017: Artist Complimentary Breakfast at 10am
- April 5, 2017: Last Day of Exhibition
- April 6 – 12, 2017: Art Pick-Up (for hand delivered work) & Work shipped Back