Print this Page View Legal Agreement
Print this Page View Legal Agreement
Savage Juried Art Competition and Show
Event Dates: 5/1/13 - 5/30/13
Entry Deadline: 4/12/13
Images - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Total Media - Minimum: 1, Maximum: 2
Entry Fee (Savage Juried Art Competition and Show (for first artwork piece)): $15.00
Media Fee (per sample over minimum): $10.00
The Savage Arts Council presents the Seventh Annual Savage Juried Art Competition and Show, and invites all professional and amateur artists in Minnesota to apply to compete and exhibit their works. The Savage Juried Art Competition and Show is a celebration of visual arts created in Minnesota. The Show is open to the public May 1 -30, 2013. Artists across the state come together to showcase the wide variety and depth of art created throughout Minnesota. $1,225 in prizes will be awarded. Please join us in celebrating the original art of Minnesota.
General Schedule of Events:
• Online Applications Accepted 01/09/13 to 04/12/13,
• Artists Notified of Acceptance: 04/19/2013
• Drop off of All Accepted Entries: 04/26/13 9am – 7 pm
• Awards and Reception at McColl Pond Environmental Learning Center, Savage: 04/28/13 – 2:00pm
• Show Opens to the public at the community locations on Wed, May 1st
• Artwork Picked Up at McColl Pond Environmental Learning Center, Savage: 05/30-31/13 3 – 9 pm
All accepted artwork will be on display at one of our participating community business locations: Sterling Bank, Cal’s Market, Klein Bank, Savage Public Library and Savage City Hall. A map to these locations will be available at time of drop off.
Savage Arts Council
Entries of original artwork are accepted in the following five categories *:
• Pastels and Drawing
• Three Dimensional (Sculpture, Pottery and Glass)
• Water Media (Watercolor and Acrylic)
*Savage Arts Council, the contest chairperson and /or judges reserves the right to consolidate or eliminate categories based on participation.
Awards – Total Prizes: $1,225
• 1st Prize: One per category $100
• 2nd Prize: One per category $50
• 3rd Prize: One per category $25
• Honorable Mention: One per category
• BEST IN SHOW: One award $225
• THE MARION W. SAVAGE People’s Choice Award: One award $125
• Artwork must be original art .
• Copies of other artists’ work will not be accepted, nor will copies of published photos or work from photos not taken by artist.
• Artwork must be completed within the last two years, and not done in a workshop, class nor under supervision of an instructor.
• Artwork must conform to standards set by Savage Arts Council.
• Artwork must not have been previously entered in a Savage Arts Council competition.
• All artwork for show consideration must be entered online at www.savageartscouncil.org. Deadline for entry is April 12, 2013. There will be no late entries accepted this year.
All accepted artwork must be labeled on the back with the artist’s name, phone number, email address, work title, category entered and price. Labels can be downloaded and printed from the above website.
This is a juried show open to all Minnesota amateur and professional artists. Each artist may submit one or two pieces. Not all works entered will be accepted by the jury into the show.
2D Artwork Matting and Framing Requirements:
• Frames must be sturdy and must have hanging wire mounded one third the way down from the top of the frame. No saw-tooth hanging hardware will be accepted.
• Maximum exterior frame size is 40” by 40” or 80” total (HxW).
• Frame sizes exceeding 53” total (HxW) must use Plexiglas not glass (if needed).
• Recommended: Rubber pads on bottom corners.
• SAC reserves the right to reject any artwork because of unsuitable framing.
3D Artwork Requirements:
• Maximum size must fit through a standard door and max height of 4 feet high.
• Must be able to be displayed on the floor, on a pedestal or in a showcase. No hanging 3D art accepted.
• Artists are required to bring their own pedestal or display system to display their work.
• The Savage Arts Council cannot guarantee special lighting or electric will be available for judging or display.
Deadline for Online Applications: April 12, 2013
No Applications will be taken in-person or by mail
ENTRY INFORMATION & FEES
• The application fee for all artist is $15 for one entry, $25 for two entries.
• If entering two pieces into show, both pieces must entered at the same time during the online application process.
• Artists are responsible for personally delivering and insuring artwork accepted into the competition and show by the jury. Personally delivered artwork will be received at McColl Pond Environmental Learning Center, Savage
• All application fees are nonrefundable.
Notification of the jury’s decision will be emailed on April 19th, 2013. All artists must provide a valid email to be notified.
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED ARTWORK
In-person delivery of accepted artwork to:
McColl Pond Environmental Learning Center, 13550 Dakota Avenue South,
Savage, MN 55378. Check this website for info, map and directions, http://www.cityofsavage.com/mccoll-pond
EXHIBITION CLOSE AND PICKUP
Pick up artwork from McColl Pond Environmental Learning Center, Thursday and Friday, May 30-31st, 2013 between the hours of 3 – 9pm. Savage Arts Council and McColl Pond Environmental Learning Center will not be responsible for the safety of artwork not picked up. A late fee of $10 per day will be charged for each artwork not picked up.
Judges to be announced soon:
About Savage Arts Council
The Savage Arts Council, a nonprofit organization, consists of a diverse group of people, all volunteers, who are interested in promoting the Arts in Savage and our surrounding communities. For seven years, we have been bringing the Arts to the greater Savage and Scott County communities. The funds earned from this event enable us to produce the show and work towards our goal of promoting the Arts in our community. This Juried Art Show and Competition is partially funded by a grant from the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council.
The Savage Arts Council is committed to organizing and promoting artistic projects and events within the City of Savage and surrounding communities, and to providing regional leadership in the Arts.
Visit us at http://www.savageartscouncil.org.