Clif Bar: Atrium Sculptures
1451 66th Street
Emeryville, CA 94608
Entry Deadline: 2/28/13
Media Images: 4
View Site Details
Clif Bar & Company seeks to place sculptures in two outdoor atriums located at its headquarters in Emeryville, CA. This opportunity is open to emerging and established artists or artist teams residing in seven Bay Area Counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, Solano and Sonoma who are at least 18 years of age. Artists have the choice of installing work on the ground or hanging from supports.
Two sculptures will be selected with a rental fee of $3000 paid per sculpture for a one year period, with the option to purchase the sculptures when the rental term ends.
The sculptures should be of the highest quality and should meet the following requirements:
•Sculptures must be made from recycled or reclaimed materials, be durable and free of materials that may be considered precious or fragile, and be capable of withstanding the elements, as the selected sculptures will be displayed outdoors for one year. All materials used in the fabrication and installation must be suitable for all types of weather. Pieces should be constructed with audience safety in mind for display in a public setting.
• There is interest in a sculpture that expresses movement and elegance; although that does not mean that the work must be kinetic.
•Sculptures on the ground should not exceed 12’ in height. A base for attaching the sculpture to concrete must be included. The base should not exceed 16 square feet or 4’ x 4’ and should not pose a tripping hazard.
•Hanging sculptures must not exceed 16’x16’x9’ and 500 lbs. in weight
•The sculptures should be in keeping with the values of Clif Bar. Sculptures that depict nudity, violence or political statements will not be considered and/or accepted.
•The artist shall arrange for the transportation and installation of the sculptures in coordination with Clif Bar. Sculptures must be able to be delivered, moved and installed without the use of cranes. The selected artists shall be solely responsible for the cost of installation and transportation. Clif Bar will provide access to a scissor lift.
• All sculptures must be original works of the submitting artist or team of artists and are ready to install however they do not need to have been created specifically for this exhibit. The artist shall warrant that the submission does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party.
• All applications must be received between 1/14/2012 – 2/28/2013
• Artists whose sculpture is selected for display will be required to sign an agreement.
Please keep in mind that Clif Bar reserves the right to photograph and reproduce the sculptures selected for display, in any medium now known or hereinafter devised without further compensation to the artist. The artist will be required to make any necessary repairs to the sculptures during the rental term.
All applications must include the following information to be considered:
• Artist’s Statement - not exceeding 1000 characters describing the artist’s work.
• Artist’s Resume – not exceeding 2 pages for each artist.
• Visual documentation (up to 4 images) in digital JPEG format of sculptures being submitted for consideration. Multiple views of a sculpture are acceptable and should be clearly annotated.
Selection Committee: All sculptures will be reviewed by a panel of Clif Bar employees. Clif Bar shall select the two winning sculptures in its sole and absolute discretion.
Print this Page View Legal Agreement